Luke

That's what Luke looks like in the story.

~

Ashton makes me all flustered. I can't even speak when he's near me. It's like he just takes my breath away and makes my brain go all fuzzy. I can't think about anything but him most of the time. That's why I'm failing maths. He sits next to me and it's so hard to concentrate when you have a hot, tan boy with beautiful eyes and curly hair next to you.

I didn't see my mum or either of my brothers around so I went to my room. I tossed my backpack into the corner of my room by the window and cracked it open. A cool spring breeze blew in, and I could smell someone's barbecue. It smelled of fire and meat and grass and sweat. It was a strange yet comforting combination of odors.

I opened my drawing book and grabbed a doodling pencil and began to draw. I drew the perfect, curved yet sexy jawline, the cute little kitten nose, the dimples, the soft lips, the big eyes, the thick yet cute eyebrows, and curly hair that cascaded behind the ears. I drew the neck and shoulders and the curve of the neck of a t-shirt. I grabbed my pack of hundreds of coloured pencils and picked a nice, tan-skin colour and coloured in the face and neck, shadowing when needed. Then I coloured the lips a nice pink-red colour, making the line where they closed a little shadowed. I coloured in the eyes a light hazel brown and added a little green by the pupil.

I held it out and admired my work. It looked perfect. I planned to give it to him tomorrow.

If I could gather enough courage to. I traced my fingers gently down his jawline, imagining the day I could do the same to his real jawline.

~

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept contemplating on whether or not to give Ashton the picture I drew of him. He knows I've been drawing for years, and I'm super good at it, but does he know I draw him a lot? And I draw art of him holding me in his muscular arms? If he did, I think he'd stay away from me. But I decided to give the drawing to him anyway. Maybe he'd like it. I soon drifted off to sleep, imagining Ashton right beside me, stroking my hair, whispering sweet nothings in my ear.