1

Don't skip to this part if you haven't read the character parts before this titled by the boys' names.

Luke's POV

I found him at his locker, struggling to open it. His tongue was out in concentration, and he furrowed his eyebrows in frustration cutely. He scrunched up his nose and his muscles in his biceps flexed as he tried to open the locker.

"H-Hey, Ashton. Do you need some help?" I asked nervously, biting my lip.

"Yeah. It'd be a great help, Luke."

I reached over and slammed my knee into the locker door, and put in his combination which I memorized by heart. The locker popped open and I smiled to him. He threw his arms around my waist and embraced me in a hug. I nuzzled my face in his curls and hugged him back.

"Thanks, bro."

"You're welcome, Ash."

He pulled away and I frowned. I loved hugging Ashton. He held on so tight and I could feel his muscles, and he smelled so good, and I could put my nose in his curls and feel their softness. But we weren't together. I hope someday we will be. I didn't notice he was gone until I heard his locker close and his footsteps disappear behind me. I chased after him.

"Oh, hey. Isn't your class the other way, Luke?" Ashton asked when I caught up.

"I-I forgot something. I made it... f-for you."

I reached into my backpack and pulled out the drawing slowly so I didn't wrinkle it. I handed it to him, blushing.

"It's a drawing of you I drew last night. It took me like two hours. D-Do you like it?"

Ashton smiled and his eyes lit up. I could see he liked it.

"This is awesome, Luke! I've never seen anything like it. You got everything right. I personally think I'm average, but this is... wow!"

"You're not average. You're beautiful," I said.

Then I slapped a hand over my mouth.

"Shit, I, um, aw, fuck, I uh..."

"Luke? Did you just call me beautiful?" he asked, doing the little eyebrow furrow thing again.

I sighed and ran as fast as I could to the bathroom. I sat in a stall and pressed my back against the door. I knew no one else was in here. So I let a little sob escape my throat and then I felt warm tears on my face. I fucked up.

~

Ashton's POV

When I saw Luke run down the hallway, I didn't know what to think. I was going to chase after him, but I didn't. I felt like I was a bad friend for not doing so, but I had to get to class. Besides, what if I found him and he just wanted to be alone? So here I sat in Mrs. Lynch's English class, hoping he was okay. I was going to see him in two hours at lunch anyways.

The boy in front of me, Harry, passed back the papers, and I grabbed one for myself. Then I passed them behind me to Niall. I looked down and noticed it was a writing assignment.

I glanced over at Luke's seat, a row over from mine next to the window. He still hadn't come to class. I frowned. I felt like I offended him when he called me beautiful. I won't lie, but I liked it a little bit.

But I liked Calum. He was so cute. The way he put his soft hair in a fringe over his forehead and his brown hair complimented his mesmerizing chocolate eyes. His tan skin and fit body. The way he stuck out his tongue in photographs. It made me so happy to see him, but he doesn't know. Neither do Luke and Michael, as far as I know. I don't make it obvious, and I've never told them.