Azriel blocked a lethal swing to his head, but wasn't quick enough to stop Maeve's sword from hitting his shin. 

Azriel cried out and his legs buckled. Aelin knew that he wouldn't ever fall unless it was bad. Really bad.

Maeve didn't bother going after the undefended Azriel, and leaped over him as sprang for Mor. 

Mor screamed for her friend, and Aelin guessed that she couldn't use any of magic as she didn't even try and put up a shield against the charging Maeve. 

With her shoulder severely injured on one arm, and the other arm held the book, Mor didn't have any weapons to defend herself. 

Mor was barely able to chuck The Book of Breathings to the sprinting Cassian, before Maeve's sword hit Mor's torso. 

Mor let out a cry of pain and clutched her wound, as she ducked Maeve's next swing of her sword. Cassian caught the book that was hurtled through the air, but chucked it to Rhys and continued to charge after Maeve. No one risked using their magic with Mor so close to Maeve. 

The poison on Maeve's sword must have slowed down Mor, as she seemed to slow down after each dodge she made.

Mor was backing down the hallway at each side step. How Mor was holding off against the demon queen for so long, Aelin had no idea. 

Aelin got there before the others did, sword already swinging toward her from behind. Mor's blood littered the marbled ground as Maeve side stepped Aelin swing, and didn't even turn to face Aelin.

 A wall of darkness hit Aelin, slamming her across the room and into a nearby wall. Aelin felt her ribs crack on impact against the stone wall, and her head throbbed.

Aelin looked up to see Rowan roar in anger, and charge after Maeve. Maeve did turn her head at Rowan's battle cry. Aelin's head pounded, and she knew that bones were broken. 

Cassian was already upon Maeve, not letting Maeve have the chance to attack Mor once again. Mor looked like she was going to faint because of blood loss, as she clutched her stomach. But Mor only backed away at the furious Cassian. 

Fuck, she can't heal her self because of what ever is on Maeve's sword. Aelin prayed that Mor wouldn't pass out.

Aelin watched as Cassian continuously pushed Maeve. Blocking every single one of her swings with her two swords. The two of them fought at impossible speeds, Cassian not letting any one of her poisonous swords touch him. And this is probably why he's commander of Rhys's armies, Aelin thought to herself as she struggled to stand. Aelin has had worse injuries, but there was a good chance that Aelin had a concussion as her head pounded, and blood trickled down her forehead.

Aelin stared a awe at how Cassian fought against Maeve. Aelin didn't know if she had seen anyone fight so well against such a formidable opponent. His siphons flared as Maeve didn't falter to block any offensive attacks that he made. Maeve cracked a smile as they continued to fight. Maybe Cassian would fulfil Maeve's request for a grand duel. Even Rowan, who was now running towards Aelin, looked star struck.

"Are you ok?" Rowan asked Aelin, wrapping an arm around her, steadying her. Aelin cringed as he accidentally pushed on her ribs. Seeing this Rowan adjusted his arm, letting Aelin lean on him.

"I'm fine, but we need to get Mor and Azriel quickly. They can't heal themselves," Aelin commanded. 

Rhys had handed the book off to Lucien, as he was already to Azriel helping heal him. Mor was still standing near Cassian and Maeve, as Cassian forced Maeve away from Mor. Feyre was running towards Mor, who was barely standing. 

Aelin's court was rushing to help Cassian, as Aelin didn't know how much longer he could keep this up. The other High Lords and their inner circles looked like they were in shock, as they just stood there watching everything unfold. 

Viviane was the only one who ran for her friend who was mortally injured. 

Yelling filled the air, as screams of terror came from the city outside of the palace. Cassian paused for a second at the sound of the yelling. 

But it was enough time for Maeve to hit his arm. It didn't look deep, but his powers still seemed to be nullified immediately. 

Thesan didn't hesitate to winnow away to see what his people were screaming about. 

Azriel looked at Rhys who was helping heal and said, "Spiders." 

---------------------