She's So Gone

"Ooh, your outfit is so cute, Tal!" Julie exclaimed, running up to her ghost friend after she entered her bedroom

"Ooh, your outfit is so cute, Tal!" Julie exclaimed, running up to her ghost friend after she entered her bedroom. Natalia wore one of her old plaid printed skirts, a tied-up Green Day t-shirt, and her worn-out Nike air trainers from the 90s.

"Really? Thanks!" Natalia said, playing with the hem of her skirt. "I went through a bunch of my old stuff and kind of just threw random pieces on," She admitted bashfully.

"Well, you look great. Maybe you can help me with my outfit?" Julie asked and Natalia nodded. She led the brunette girl over to a large wooden chest with a flower crested lock on it. "This is my mom's old trunk of clothes from the 90s. I try and go through it every once in a while, but I've never been able to look at everything." She opened up the trunk slowly to reveal what looked like an endless supply of clothing.

"Wow!" Natalia sighed and sat down next to Julie. She started rummaging through some of the clothes. "Your mom had awesome style!"

"Yeah, I guess she did. I'm so glad she saved this stuff. Every time I go to look through it all I just... can't. It brings back too many memories of her." Julie replied glumly, but pulled out a really cool pair of pants. They were flared sweat pant material with red and blue stripes down the legs, and the zipper in the front was paired with a black material.

"Those are so cute, you have to wear them." Natalia insisted and pulled out a cute cropped tie-dye top. "Wear this with them." She added, tossing the younger girl the shirt. "I think your mom would be happy you did." She added, nodding her head at Julie with approval.

"You're the best, Tal!" Julie yelled as she turned into her bathroom to change. "Come in, we gotta figure out what to do with your hair!" Natalia entered her bathroom, and picked up a hairbrush, which she surprisingly didn't drop the entire time she brushed through her hair.

"I don't know what to do with it." Natalia sighed; Her hair was too short to do much with, and even then she was never one of those girls who had picture-perfect hair every day.

"Have you ever curled it? I always see it straight or just natural." Julie asked.

"I don't think I ever have honestly. Maybe once for the junior homecoming we had before we died." Nat replied, shrugging to herself in the mirror. "Let's see if I can hold the curler without dropping it." The ghost laughed. Natalia, again, didn't drop it the entire time; She was getting better at handling things. Julie talked her ghost friend through curling tips the whole time. She believed it made up for her not being able to physically help the brunette girl.

"It's so cute! But missing something." Julie said, placing a few sparkly clips on the counter so Natalia could put them in her hair. She smiled at Julie thankfully, and clipped them into her hair strategically.