Never Be Alone

"Oh

"Oh... okay." Julie said softly, facing her two phantom friends. The Molina girl noticed both of their faces contorted into ones of worry and concern, making her heart stop for a second. Julie saw the way Talia's hands shook uncontrollably, something that happened often when the girl was anxious.

"We figured out we have unfinished business, that's why we came back as ghosts." Luke confessed quietly, trying not to make a huge deal out of the predicament. Natalia stood beside him, not quite sure what to do.

"Okay. What is it?" Julie asked, nodding for him to continue, shooting a glance at a cowering Talia next to Luke.

"We have to play the show that we never go to play." Luke replied, hoping the living girl would catch on.

"The Orpheum, that makes sense." Julie nodded, a smile still present on her face despite the anxiety flowing inside her. That was until suddenly Luke and Natalia were pushed back by a purple-glowing power surge in their abdomen area. Luke was thrown into the pillar behind him, Natalia being dropped to her knees in pain, the purple light still beaming from her chest as she let out a shrill sob from the pain.

"Nat!" Luke cried, scrambling up from where he hit the pillar, kneeling down next to the girl just after the jolt had ended, Nat falling limp into his arms. "Baby?" Luke asked an unconscious Nat quietly as he ran a hand over her cheek. Julie gasped, kneeling down in front of them, not sure how to help her friends. "Julie, we don't have a lot of time." Luke revealed, his tone laced of concern for the girl. He brushed Natalia's hair from her face, her eyes were closed but her breathing was steady again.

"What was that? What just happened, what's wrong with Talia??" Julie panicked. All she wanted to do was help but she knew it was impossible.

"The night the boys and I missed the dance, we met this ghost and he put a curse on us. He branded Nat too when she came to bring us back to you which is why she's getting them too. If we don't do what he says, these jolts will destroy us. Nat's are getting worse because she's too powerful." Luke explained to Julie, who looked over the two with a worried expression. Talia was powerful? What did that even mean?

"Then you've gotta do what he says, what does he want??" She asked, trying to pry more information out of Luke.

"He wants us to be in his house band for eternity." Luke responded, catching his breath in between words as he hunched over Natalia's body that laid against him. She was squirming awake, trying to adjust to the sudden light. Julie's face turned stone-cold as she looked at him. "But if we can play the Orpheum soon, we can avoid all of that and actually cross-over." Luke explained further, Natalia sitting up mid-sentence. Julie's expression was one she was not happy to see. She looked broken at Luke's words.

"Cross-over? Like what, go to heaven?" She asked quietly as Luke helped Natalia stand up.

"That's what we're banking on." Luke admitted, Natalia leaning into him in order to keep her balance. Nat looked over at Julie, sadness seeping into her dark brown eyes.