Flying Solo

Natalia leaned against the piano in between Reggie and Luke who were attempting to put a melody to the poem Julie wrote for Flynn

Natalia leaned against the piano in between Reggie and Luke who were attempting to put a melody to the poem Julie wrote for Flynn. This might come in handy one day if the girl needs it. Nat always wrote songs about her and Layla's friendship, it made her feel happy when she looked back at them.

Reggie tapped on the edge of the piano while Luke sang lightly, a guitar pick hanging out of his mouth per usual. Natalia bopped her head to the beat, enjoying how it was something different than the band's usual rock sound.

"Wait-" Reggie cut Luke off, "When she says "deep dish" is she talkin' about like pizza? Or?" He questioned, making the brunette girl roll her eyes at him. Alex poofed onto the piano before Nat could give Reggie a sassy response.

"Oh hello child," She greeted, moving her arms from Alex's legs which she was now leaning on after he had poofed into the room.

"Oh hey man! Where ya been?" Reggie asked him.

"Uhm kinda everywhere! I met a new ghost friend." Alex gushed excitedly. Natalia's face lit up at the bright smile on her blonde friend's face. She hadn't seen him that happy since the night they found out they were about to play the Orpheum.

"Ghost friend, eh?" Nat asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He gave her a look telling her to knock it off so she let it slide. Nat knew that Alex was never really too open about relationships with Reggie and Luke; He thought they wouldn't get it, but he knew Nat would talk to him and help him through anything that had anything to do with relationships.

"Yeah, he answered a ton of questions." Alex began, throwing his arms out to show how much this mysterious ghost friend told him.

"Yeah? Like whether Julie's gonna join the band or not?" Luke asked, aggressively ripping the paper out from underneath Alex's thigh. He looked annoyed, the guitar pick sticking out of his pouted lips. Nat gave him a light slap to the shoulder and his expression softened. "Sorry, Nat." He mumbled, knowing not to push any more of her buttons after what happened earlier today.

"Uh well, we didn't get to that." Alex said slowly, not wanting to set off Luke; He turned to Reggie and Natalia to tell them more. "But I think I know why we're here. Okay? All ghosts have unfinished business. So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over." Alex explained. Cross over? Like go to heaven?

"Why would we do that?" Luke asked, less aggressive as the last time he spoke. "I'm just saying this is like our second chance."

"All we need to do is get Julie to play with us." Nat added onto Luke's point. "I love being able to share my music with people again, I don't want to rush crossing over."

"Yeah not only can Julie sing, but she can write too. Luke and I made a killer melody to her lyrics with a little help from Nat after she forgave us for snooping through Julie's room." Reggie caught Alex up on the past few hours. Alex sent him a shocked expression when he mentioned the fact that they went through Julie's room. Natalia gave him the "yeah I almost killed them" look, making Alex giggle a little bit, but then focus back on the fact that his bandmates started working on a song without him.