This Band is Back

The four spirits stood on the beach, starstruck at the mini shopping strip that had replaced the Peters' neighborhood

The four spirits stood on the beach, starstruck at the mini shopping strip that had replaced the Peters' neighborhood. Reggie's mouth was agape, staring at the bike shack that sat where the Peters' house used to.

"A bike shack. Right where my house used to be." Reggie said, wondering internally where his parents could have gone after he passed. Were they still together? Did they ever figure out their problems? Reggie really, really hoped they did, for his sake and for his siblings.

"Yeah, I'm sorry man," Luke said, patting Reggie's chest.

"They made the Meyerson's house into a noodle shop. Why couldn't they have made mine a pizzeria or something?" Reggie asked in distraught.

"They tore down the whole neighborhood," Natalia pointed out, looking around at the scenery.

"I guess my folks are gone." Reggie murmured in an upset tone. Luke took a seat on the log infront of them, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"No. Everyone's gone. 25 years, gone." Alex explained. "Friends, family, Bobby, everyone." He listed, making Nat remember about their surviving bandmate Bobby.

"Holy shit. Bobby! I guess that vegetarian did luck out. Where do you think he is now?" Natalia asked the boys.

"He probably got old just like everyone else and moved on." Luke answered in a monotone voice.

"Dude, how are you so casual about this?" Alex asked Luke. Natalia winced at the question, she knew exactly why Luke was so casual without him even having to explain. He and his folks were never on the best terms with each other. "Don't you wanna figure out what happened?"

"Let's be real for a second." Luke started, "It's not like any of us were that close to our families. My folks always regretted buying me that guitar. Reggie, your parents were literally one fight away from a divorce, Natalia your parents never even stuck around to take care of you, and Alex, your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay."

"Okay, none of us had it great but at least we had something." Alex argued. Natalia stood there, looking down at her feet. Luke was right; Her parents were never around. They didn't really ever do anything with her. She always fended for herself. Reggie noticed her unusual silence, resting a hand on her shoulder. He knew she took Luke's words to heart, making him frown at the girl's lost expression she kept on her face as she looked down at her shoes in the sand.

"What do we have now, huh?" Natalia's head whipped up, anger and sadness seeping out of her through the tone of her voice; All three boys looked at her with a sympathetic expression. "And don't even say teleportation skills cause that freaks me out." Her body trembled at the thought, she really didn't like the zapping feeling it caused her body to have.

"Yeah it tingles. In weird places!" Alex shouted, gesturing down to his private parts. The brunette girl chuckled, going to sit down next to the shaggy-haired boy on the log. She knew he didn't mean to hurt her with his statement, he was just trying to prove a point.