Chapter 57

“I’ve missed kissing you,” Lisa mumbled against Chaeyoung’s mouth, smiling as her girlfriend kissed her again, pressing their lips together firmly as she leant against the younger girls’ body, Lisa’s arms still wrapped around her neck.

“Mmhmm,” Chaeyoung acknowledged as Lisa’s hands made their way down from where they sat to rest at the base of Chaeyoung’s spine over her ‘The Script’ tshirt.

“You’re a really good kisser,” Lisa praised, separating their lips for a moment and causing Chaeyoung’s eyebrow to quirk up in amusement, sensing that her girlfriend was going to start rambling any second now.

“Lili,” Chaeyoung said knowingly, kissing Lisa briefly once more and trying to cut her off before she could start spewing the inevitable word vomit that was about to follow, a small smile playing on her lips.

“I can’t believe that it’s been eight days since I last saw you,” Lisa started regardless of Chaeyoung’s muttered warning. “It feels like a lot longer,” she confessed, one of her hands, stroking the small of Chaeyoung’s back soothingly. “I’d forgotten just how brown your eyes can be,” Lisa stated, staring in to her girlfriends’ eyes and biting her bottom lip. “They’re so pretty…”

“So you’ve told me,” Chaeyoung laughed lightly, interrupting Lisa’s thought process and stopping it short.

“When?” Lisa asked, tilting her head back a little to take in all of Chaeyoung’s face. She looked confused and Chaeyoung made a mental note to save the adorable image in her memory for future reference.

“You tell me all the time,” Chaeyoung informed her honestly, one hand reaching up to brush Lisa’s loose hair behind her shoulder.

“I do not,” Lisa complained, scrunching her face up slightly.

“Yes you do,” Chaeyoung returned, sitting herself up tall against the head of the bed once more, Lisa’s hands sliding round to rest on her hips as she did.

“I do?” Lisa asked, her eyes never leaving Chaeyoung’s face.

“Yes,” Chaeyoung reiterated. “In fact, one of my favourite memories of us involves you telling me that I have really pretty eyes.”

“What memory?” Lisa asked interestedly, sitting up taller too, her eyes shining inquisitively.

“Well,” Chaeyoung said, picking up one of Lisa’s hands and wrapping it in her own. “It was the first time that you’d had a seizure…”

“You mean the time that you tried it on with me and I was barely lucid?” Lisa asked jokingly and Chaeyoung beamed brightly as she shoved Lisa’s shoulder gently.

“If I recall correctly,” Chaeyoung started, “which I do, you know, being the only one out of the two of us that can actually remember what happened…you tried it on with me.”

“You’re such a liar,” Lisa teased. “There is no way that I tried it on with you. I can’t even flirt with myself in the mirror. There’s no chance that I made the first move…”

“You did,” Chaeyoung argued laughing. “I’ve already told you what happened…”

“I think you took advantage of me,” Lisa interjected playfully, seductively raising an eyebrow. “I think you saw an opportunity and went for it.”

“I think you’re delusional,” Chaeyoung joked and Lisa shuffled herself closer to the blonde beside her, narrowing her eyes. Lisa stared at Chaeyoung for a moment, her eyes boring in to her girlfriends’ as though trying to read any falsity to her claims.