Chapter 13

Chaeyoung woke a few hours later, Lisa's small form still tucked closely into her side, her left arm draped across Chaeyoung's lap, her head resting on Chaeyoung's abdomen. Chaeyoung found that her own arms were wrapped loosely around Lisa's shoulders, her left hand feeling numb after the way it had been positioned whilst they slept, Lisa's shoulder pressing into one of the nerves. Chaeyoung lifted her arm off of Lisa, wriggling her fingers slowly, opening and closing her fist in an attempt to restore some sensation to the extremity.

She grimaced slightly at the pins and needles which spread throughout her arm, the feeling uncomfortable and peculiar. Chaeyoung wondered whether this was how Lisa's left hand felt all the time and glanced down at where it lay across her lap, her splint, as always, in situ. Chaeyoung stayed as she was for a while longer, admiring Lisa's sleeping form in her arms and smiling contentedly to herself. She'd never thought of herself as being lucky before, but, lying with Lisa, the knowledge that she was willing to give them a chance, made Chaeyoung feel especially lucky.

She honestly couldn't think of a single deed big enough to justify that kind of karma, but, she was grateful for it all the same. After Lisa had stirred awake, the two of them had sat and watched some cartoons on the TV fixed to the bedroom wall for a while. Lisa who was still tired from both a lack of sleep last night and her seizure a few days ago had drifted in and out of sleep numerous times.

Each time, Chaeyoung had chuckled to herself at the discovery that she was in fact talking to absolutely noone, her once captive audience instead unconscious and snoring lightly. Finally Lisa had woken up properly and together they'd made their way over to Jennie's house for their regular Wednesday night custom of movies and food. It had been nice to get back to some normality after the events of the last few days and the teasing jokes had started almost as soon as Chaeyoung had entered Jennie's room.

As always, Lisa remained highly oblivious to Chaeyoung's plight as the other girls, particularly Jennie and Jisoo, asked her repetitively why she'd not come back to school, raising their eyebrows suggestively as they did so. For her part, Lisa had responded matter of factly to the girls' questions, missing the subtle insinuations completely and stating that she'd asked Chaeyoung to stay with her before revealing that they'd then fallen asleep together on the bed.

Chaeyoung had blushed profusely at Lisa's words and the teasing only intensified as a result. Eventually, after what had seemed like an eternity, they'd settled down to watch the movie in Jennie's lounge, Jisoo lying on her front on the floor, Somi and Jennie sat with their backs against the couch. Lisa and Chaeyoung had occupied the couch itself, behaving for the most part as they normally did, nothing much really changing in their personal relationship except an exponential increase in the physical contact that they shared.

There was of course the addition of what was soon becoming one of Chaeyoung's favourite things to do with Lisa, kissing. Lisa might not have had much experience when it came to kissing, but, Chaeyoung would gladly admit that she was definitely the best kissing partner that she'd ever had.

Lisa remained off school again the following day, having to go to the hospital for an appointment with her neurologist to review both her ongoing progress after the accident but also how she was after the seizure she'd had. He'd reviewed her medication and encouraged Lisa to wear a medical alert bracelet in the event that she should have another seizure in the future.

Chaeyoung hadn't been able to see Lisa at all Thursday evening because of her commitment to softball after school and her dad taking everyone out for dinner to celebrate his new promotion at work in the evening but she'd kept in contact through text, asking her how her appointment had gone and if she was feeling better. Chaeyoung had even called Lisa to check in with her before she went to bed after returning home from the restaurant, eagerly anticipating their reunion the next day at school.