Chapter 29

“Oh my God,” Jisoo said in disbelief the next day during home room. “Are you joking?”

“I wish I was joking,” Chaeyoung informed her seriously, casting a quick look at Lisa who was sat at a desk near the front of the room with Miss Bae. She was discussing a book which she had been reading at the suggestion of the teacher and although it had been hard going for Lisa, she had persevered and made herself a promise to read at least one chapter every night.

Lisa had gotten into Chaeyoung’s car this morning desperate to talk to Miss Bae about it, apparently having gotten to a really moving part yesterday. Chaeyoung had smiled at the look of pure joy and excitement on Lisa’s face as she’d thumbed through the book on their journey in this morning; stopping when she’d come to a page she’d read last night. Lisa had narrated her favourite paragraph out loud to Chaeyoung as she’d driven, repeating the words over and over, seemingly deriving some personal connection with the text.

“Kai walked in on the two of you…you know…doing things?” Jisoo asked still gobsmacked by the admittance, drawing Chaeyoung’s thoughts back to the current conversation and away from her girlfriend.

“It was nothing like that,” Chaeyoung quickly told Jisoo, glancing at Somi who had a smirk plastered on her face. “It was just…like…ok, so, there’s a G rated film right?” Chaeyoung started, holding out one hand for effect, “and then there’s NC17,” She said and Jisoo nodded her head. “We were like…a PG13.”

“A PG13?” Somi asked in an attempt to get further details.

“Yeah, you know,” Chaeyoung said, looking at her friend with a smile on her face, “partial nudity with some suggestive material…” Chaeyoung trailed off.

“Was there an intense sexual situation?” Somi asked mischievously, raising her eyebrow suggestively. Chaeyoung blushed at the recollection of the damp which she’d felt between her legs at the touch of Lisa’s lips against her chest and the feel of her girlfriends’ hand as it swept over the skin by the waist band of her jeans.

She swallowed hard, dropping her gaze to the desk in front of her for an instant before answering, “It definitely had…potential.”

“Ok,” Jisoo said making a face that told Chaeyoung she did not need the particulars. “So what happened after Kai walked in on you?”

“He told us not to stop on his account,” Chaeyoung informed them.

“Your brother is such a pervert,” Jisoo commented laughing.

“I don’t know,” Somi said teasingly, winking at Chaeyoung. “I wouldn’t have minded walking in on that.”

“Oh my God,” Jisoo said surprised at Somi’s words.

“Somi!” Chaeyoung protested.

“I’m only joking,” Somi said waving her hand in protest at Chaeyoung’s remonstration. “Besides, I’m not surprised you’re finally…experimenting?” Somi informed her, unsure of the right word to describe the change in their relationship. “I already thought that you guys were…you know…” she said leaving the insinuation unspoken, “I told you as much when I came around and found Lalisa in your clothes, remember?” she asked.

“What?” Jisoo asked. “When was this?”

“It was about a month ago,” Somi said turning to Jisoo. “Do you remember when they had that fight because of Rachel? It was back then.” She continued to explain. “Chaeyoung called me all agitated because Lalisa had walked off and left her standing in the parking lot of the police station looking like an idiot…”