Chapter 45

TW // SUICIDE ⚠️

“I’m so sorry,” Lisa said hurriedly, wrapping her own arms around Chaeyoung and holding her tightly, her fingers grasping on to the back of the top she was wearing desperately, dropping her phone on the floor in the process. “I was such an idiot,” she continued in a rush. “I don’t know what I was thinking, I mean, I wasn’t thinking, not really…and, well, that was the problem,” she rambled, her chin resting atop Chaeyoung’s shoulder. “I was being selfish and stubborn,” she went on. “I should have at least text you to tell you that I was ok, or, I don’t know, got a message to you through Jisoo, but, I couldn’t…I was so scared…I thought that if I spoke to you or asked about you then, well, I don’t know, I just…I didn’t think I could deal with the thought of you hating me after what I’d done.” She admitted.

“I thought that it was better to just pretend,” she told her and Chaeyoung leant back for a moment to look at Lisa as she continued speaking, her girlfriend’s eyes looking past Chaeyoung at the wall over her shoulder. “I thought that if I just pretended that we were still alright then everything would be ok,” she said truthfully, “but, we weren’t…and then I thought about how you were doing and if you were upset, but…I didn’t really want to know, not really, because if you were, you know, upset…then, I would feel guilty and I didn’t want to feel guilty, but, I didn’t want you to be upset and…” Chaeyoung dipped her head forward, pushing her lips against Lisa’s forcefully, silencing her almost immediately.

“No wait,” Lisa breathed, pulling her head back a little in order to look at Chaeyoung, after the initial surprise at the kiss had worn off. “You can’t just kiss me like nothing’s happened Rosie, like the last six weeks didn’t…” she started, but Chaeyoung hushed her again, crashing her soft lips against her girlfriends, craving the feel of them, the way they tasted, the way that they made her feel like her whole stomach was alive with a small army of butterflies.

“Rosie,” Lisa protested as she pulled her head back again and Chaeyoung laughed, wrapping her arms around Lisa’s torso and giving her a hug once more.

“Chaeyoung, what the hell is going…” Jennie started, trailing off as she walked in to find her friend still embracing Lisa, her arms reluctant to let the young girl go for fear of losing her again.

“On?” she finished in disbelief, stopping in her tracks for a moment just as Chaeyoung stepped back slightly from Lisa to look in her direction.

“Oh my God,” Jennie said, a huge smile appearing on her face at the sight of Lisa a few feet away from her. “Lisa? What are you doing here?” she asked surprised, walking over to where the two of them stood.

“I’m just…I came to see Rosie,” Lisa answered and Jennie walked over and pulled the younger girl into a warm hug, nudging Chaeyoung out of the way slightly in the process.

“It’s so good to see you,” Jennie told her truthfully, placing both her hands on Lisa’s upper arms when they’d parted and pushing her back a little to study her better. “You look really well.” She noted. “I don’t know what it is but….” She trailed off, noticing the pointed look she was getting from Chaeyoung. “You know what?” Jennie asked, brushing one of Lisa’s arms with her hand for a minute, “I forgot that there’s somewhere else that I need to be,” she said and Lisa frowned in confusion.

“Wait, didn’t you just get here though?” Lisa asked puzzled and Jennie turned to look at Chaeyoung briefly. “Yes, but, I only came over because Chaeyoung owes me some money and I need it for tonight,” she lied. “So…”she said, turning back to Chaeyoung again and holding out her hand, “if I could just get it so that I can be on my way,” she told the blonde meaningfully. Chaeyoung shook her head subtly at Jennie and reached in to her jeans pocket, depositing her phone inside and pulling out a crumpled ten dollar bill which she promptly handed to her friend. Jennie frowned at the money in her hand for a moment before glancing back up at Chaeyoung again.