How did you know

Nikolai POV

After showering with Flynn, we got out and dressed. For most of the day we watched films cuddled up on the sofa. But it all ended quicker than I wanted it to. The end of the school day finished and I knew I had to go home.

"I've got to go now." I sighed and sat up from my curled position against his side.

"Want me to drop you off?" Flynn asked me.

"Please." I nodded with a small smile. We both got up, putting our shoes on. After the shower I changed into some of Flynn's shorts and a T-shirt that was way too big on me.

Soon enough, we got outside my house. Flynn's hand stayed on my thigh while none of us made no will to move. I sighed knowing I'd have to move anyway.

"I don't wanna go." I pouted with a small smile.

"I don't want you to go." Flynn took my hand in his. He brought it up to his mouth and placed a kiss on it.

"I'll see you tomorrow? It's Saturday so maybe we could go out. Go to the cinema?" I asked.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" He smirked with a raised brow.

"What? N-no, l-like hanging out. God I sound like desperate whore." I put my hands on my cheeks to hide the redness.

"Hey, don't cover that." Flynn pulled my hands from my face. "I'm kidding, if you wanna hang out, we'll hang out. But if you want a date, it should be me who should ask. So, my little Nicky, will you go on a date with me tomorrow. Spend the whole day cuddled up on the sofa when go out for dinner and a film at the cinema."

"Ok." I nodded and smiled. Flynn leaned over the middle pressing his lips to mine. After we kissed for a few minutes, we pulled away and said our goodbyes. Once I left the car, I ran up to the front door, waving one last time before going in.

When I closed the door behind me, I heard his car drive off. I went up to my room and changed in to some joggers. But I kept Flynn's T-shirt one, the scent of him still prominent.
~~~~~~~

Thunder rolled and lightning struck lighting up my room. Like every other storm, I heard Carl and Julia, Lexi and Brandon along with Hannah and Darren doing the nasty. So I did what I do every time, I went to my dads room.

Stood by the window was my dad drinking his usual glass of Jack Daniels. He didn't even look at me, he just picked up a spare glass and held it out. I closed the door and walked up to the window taking the cup from my dad.

"Who was the guy in the car?" He asked.

"Flynn." I whispered.

"Seems you're getting really close. Kissing like that. Anything you want to tell me?"

"Not really." I mumbled.

"Really? Not that you were dating again, or seeing someone?" My dad frowned a little.

"No dad." I sighed. A lump formed in my throat with tears pooling in my eyes. "How did you know you were gay?" I cried a little.

He looked at with a softness in his eyes. "I knew I was gay when I kissed your dad for the first time. The moment we made eye contact and kissed. That was when I knew I was gay and wanted your dad."

"I think I'm gay dad. And I don't know what to do." I cried.

He put his glass down and hugged me tightly. "I know son. I know you are." He whispered.

I sobbed into his chest not knowing how to deal with it. "I don't know what to do."

"Flynn is it?" He asked and I nodded. "If you feel safe with him, can trust him and feel like it'll last and he won't hurt you. Then I say go for it. Nicky don't cry, this is nothing to be ashamed of. It's ok, I accept you no matter how you come. Gay, bisexual, hell if you wanted to be transgender I'll call you my daughter if that's what you wanted. You are apart of me and a man I love so much. I don't care and neither do the others. You come out in your own time, you love whoever the fuck you want to. No one will judge you here, in this house we love each other more than life itself. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed, it doesn't matter to others, as long as you're happy, then I'm happy."

"Thank you daddy." I hugged him tightly.

"That's what I'm here for Nicky. You've always got me no matter what. I'll be here." He kissed the top of my head.

"Love you." I mumbled.

"Love you to son. Always and forever."

"Always and forever." I smiled.