What do you want

Nikolai POV

So... Here I am. In a deserted corridor on my phone. The bell rang and I could hear the other students talking and rushing around trying to get to their classrooms. Soon enough, I was left in silence again.

Well, that was until a certain twat named Flynn appeared.

"What do you want?" I glared at him. Ok, so I haven't been the most polite but I don't want to end up in the same situation again. Not since Lyla anyway. I can't and won't let myself go through that pain again.

"Look." He sighed. "I'm sorry for being a twat. I was... am a fucking arsehole. I can read minds so I should have just read yours or your dads and thought about what I say before I say it. But I didn't and for that I'm really sorry. I know sorry isn't that great because like if you think about it, if you break an egg then say sorry it won't fix it, but I'm willing to do anything to have you forgive me and be your friend. Because you look like a nice guy and I really want to get to know you.... shit. Sorry, I'm rambling." A light pink hint came on his cheeks.

"What if I don't want to forgive you? What if I don't want you as my friend?" I looked at my hands linked together in my lap.

"Then don't be my friend. But I really want you to forgive me." Flynn looked at me desperately. "Please?"

"Fine. I forgive you, but I don't want another friend. It's bad enough that I'll lose two in about seventy years or so." I sighed.

"Why's that? I'm a demon to. I can stick around for as long as you want me to." Flynn sat down next to me. His shoulder touching mine like he was trying to comfort me or something.

"Because Hayley and Spencer will leave this town to do something with their lives. Lexi and Brandon will and have always been together, so..." I trailed off.

"I can be your friend. Bare it in mind that I don't have to be your best friend, but I can be a friend. I can be a friend, I can be a shoulder to cry on, I can be like a counsellor if you need someone to rant to. I can be like the girls and hear all the gossip you have and I'll listen."

"Fine." I shrugged. "That's good, because my dad is my best friend. No one else."

"Tell me about him. What's your dad like personally. I've heard stories, I want to hear about the real him." Flynn nudged me a little.

"My dad? Hardheaded, moody, blunt but he's also loveable to everyone in the house. We have a lot in common but there is a main thing we have in common." I sighed. I looked at my hands trying to hold back the tears.

"What is it?" He asked me softly.

"We both agree it's my fault that my other dad died. It's my fault he's not here and for that my dad blames me. But I blame myself as well." I sniffled.

"I'm sure your dad doesn't blame you. If he did he wouldn't have raised you. Trust me, Nikolai, your dad loves you more than anything. He may not show it with affection or gifts, but he does love you. But if you think about it, he lost the love of his life, he most likely blames himself more than you. So maybe just ask him. The only way you get to know is if you're blunt and straight up ask him." Flynn smiled a little.

"What?" I frowned. Then he burst out laughing.

"I'm so sorry. Straight." He laughed loudly. "Sorry. Just an inside joke. I said straight, which is something I'm far, far from."

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity but cracked a smile. "Fucking weirdo."

"I got to see you smile though." Flynn sobered up. "It'll be ok, Nikolai. It may not be the answer you want but it will be the outcome you want. It doesn't make sense now, but it will when you talk to him." He smiled softly at me.

"Thanks. Guess it does take the new person to make you crack a smile."
~~~~~~~

When I got home, my dad, Hannah and Darren was sat in the living room. Lexi and Brandon went straight to their room. Ha! Straight. Damn Flynn making jokes in my head even if he's not around.

"Hey dad. Can we talk for a minute." I asked him nervously.

He frowned but nodded. "What's wrong?"

Hannah and Darren both got up and left us to be on our own. This was the worst part, how can I just say it? I can't do it.

A/N: would you all like a schedule for updates, or just do what I usually do so you get a good few chapter every day? Please comment so I know. Thank you 😊