Chapter 71: Kai Chisaki

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"Exscuse us! Mirio yelled behind me.

"Are you finished?" Bubble girl asked.

"N- Neptune?" Midoriya stuttered. He was sweaty and had a bloody nose.

"Uh... Sir? Why's Midoriya here?"

"I brought him over to see if Sir will accept him as a work study student." Mirio said.

"I see."

"I'll take him, Mirio." Nighteye said, heading back to his desk.

Oh yeah, and his office was basically Midoriya's room, minus the figures. But it was trashed with a line of blood on one of the walls.

So that's how Midoriya got that bloody nose.

"All right!"

"Congrats, Midoriya."

"Also, Neptune, You're an hour early."

"Heheh... Yeah... Sorry."

"It's alright. I'm glad."

"Wait?! Why?! I couldn't do anything you asked me to!" Midoriya yelled, finally processing the information.

"I told you to take the seal and stamp it yourself, but I didn't say you'd be rejected if you did."

"But..."

"That means that Sir see's potential in you " I half whispered to Midoriya.

"Neptune..." Sir warned.

"All right... All right..."

"I'd already decided to take you on when I heard you were coming. I also knew that you weren't completely useless. But I hadn't excepted it."

Accepted what?

"Bullshit..." I muttered under my breath.

"Language."

"English."

"..."

"..."

"Pfft- that's a good one."

"Thanks." I said smiling. I had read an article saying that Sir enjoys humor, so I might as well have tried a pun. At least someone appreciates my TEARibble jokes.

Hah... Tearibble...

Alright, let's not channel our inner Sokka right now. Focus.

"Now, with the symbol gone, the people want not a dim light, but a dazzling one. Even if it goes against his will, I'll make you realize who is the most worthy of that power right now, by having you work alongside the pros." Nighteye said, dropping his seal to Midoriya.

Wait... Wut?

Stoopid plot armour.

"I look forward to working with you." Nighteye said as Midoriya stamped his paper.

~Time Skip~

"Oh FML..."

"Gladly."

"Ew, no."

"That bad?" Shou asked, coming up behind me and hugging me. My face exploded with blush.

"Ye-yeah... Nighteye wanted to prove my worth so I fought him... We also did some strategical and physical training."

"That's not that bad." Shou said, snuggling his face into my neck.

My hands flew up to my face in an attempt to hide my blush.