Chapter 16: (Y/n) vs Shinsou

~~(Y/n)'s POV~~

"AAALRIGHT!" I heard Present Mic screech.

"NOW THAT LUNCH IS OVER ITS TIME FOR THE NEXT EVENT, RIGHT?!" He yelled. The crowd cheered.

"The next event is a 1v1 battle for the top 5 teams that made it!" Midnight declared.

"Exscuse me, I would like to withdraw." Ojiro said raising his hand. Multiple people went up to him to tell him it was a bad idea, but you didn't care. You kept your bitch face on and zoned out, but one part of what he was saying caught your interest.

"...I think it was that guys quirk." He said, pointing to Mr. Eyebags, who reminded you of Aizawa.

You zoned out again and caught that two people were withdrawing and two new people named Tetsutestu and Shiozaki from class 1B took their places. The rounds 1v1 bracket was put up.

(A/n: I switched up the battles because plot, and we're adding a new character. Sorry if it's confusing, I had to switch things around for plot purposes and battles will go in the order of the anime. If you draw brackets you'll see who will go against who. Btw srry Mina Stan's but I had to take her out ;-;)

(Y/n) Neptune vs. Hitoshi Shinsou

Momo Yaoyaorozu vs Fumikage Tokoyami

TetsuTetsu TetsuTetsu vs Ejiro Kirishima

Ochako Uraraka vs Katsuki Bakugou

Izuku Midoriya vs Yuga Aoyama

Shouto Todoroki vs Hanta Sero

Iraba Shiozaki vs Denki Kaminari

Tenya Iida vs Mei Hatsume

Ah, poor Sero. Too bad he'll be taken out by my highly attractive, intelligent, amazing, kind, funny, best friend that I tooootally don't have a crush on.

I left Todoroki and went into the waiting room to strategize. Soon Ojiro came in.

"Hi, Neptune glad I could find you, I wanted to speak to you about your next battle."

"Hello Ojiro, and I'm already strategizing, just I don't know how Shinsou's quirk works." You said.

"Well that's why, cause I know" He said.

'oh?'

"Do tell." You said Nonchalantly.

"He gets you under his control by asking you a question, so as long as you don't answer him you'll be ok." He explained.

"Thank you, if there is anything I can help you with then tell me after or during the festival when I'm not busy." You said.

"AALRIGHT HITOSHI SHINSOU AND (Y/N) NEPTUNE PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE ARENA!!" Present Mic screeched.

You made your way through the hallways and out of a long tunnel leading you into the bright daylight of the stage. You walked up to Shinsou and heard Present Mic.

"The first match of the first round of the finals tournament, from general studies, Hiroshi Shinsou! Versus! From the hero course, (Y/n) Neptune!"

"The rules are simple! Force your opponent out of bounds of immobilize them! You can also win by making your opponent say, 'I give up'! " Present Mic concluded.

"I give up huh?" Shinsou said, catching your attention. "This is a fight to test the strength of your spirit. If you know what you want for your future, then you can't worry about your appearances."

"Ready?" You heard Present Mic screech.

Shinsou's face twisted into an angry expression while you kept calm.

"That monkey was going on about his pride." He said. You almost snorted because he was talking about Ojiro.

"Start!" Said Present Mic.

"...but don't you think he was dumb for throwing away his chance?" He questioned.

You just calmly made two devices, about the size of your fingertips and put them on your temples.

"Nah, he'll make his own Decisions, it's his life not mine. Also these devises I've created read my mind out loud, at least what I want to say. I know your quirk and how it operates, thanks to that 'monkey' so your screwed. Also good job using your quirk during the obstacle course it's quite useful." The device said

Shinsou's face morphed into one of surprise.

"Seeing as your quirk may be considered villainous you probably have something to prove, and I'm sorry for what I'll do. I have my best friends ass to beat later. Just know that I think your quirk is cool and would exchange it for what's happened to me any day." His face almost looked sad, yet relieved and happy.

"So before I knock you out of the arena, just know that I think you'll be a great hero." You said.

But Stupid Angelica had to ruin it for you.

"Pfft please he won't be the next hero with THAT quirk, he'll be better off as a villain." She said.

"Sorry about her I'm possesse-" but you felt your body moving on its own, and the sides of your vision blurred. You saw Shinsou have a smirk on his face.

You panicked internally, as you tried your hardest to step back towards Shinsou as you walked towards the edge.

You saw everyone in the stands, and looked shocked. You saw Todoroki. He looked pissed and disappointed.

You were not about to disappoint Todoroki, absolutely not.

You watched as he seemed to glow, as everyone else seemed blurry, and just as you were about to step over the line, your quirk blasted through your hands and lifted you off the ground.

"Nice try." Your device said, you did a backflip and landed on your feet in front of Shinsou, his face looked priceless.

You created a pillow of water behind him on the wall and blasted water at him. He was sent flying into the wall and landed in the pillow, he didn't take any damage and wasn't hurt at all.

"Shinsou is out of bounds! Neptune wins!" You heard Present Mic yell and the crowds cheer.

You walked towards Shinsou, hand extended.

"Good job and don't give up on your dream." You said.

He took your hand and you helped pull him up, grabbing the moisture off of him.

You walked with him towards the end of the hallway.

Once out of sight Shinsou spoke.

"Neptune was it?" He questions.

"Yes."

"Thank you."

"What fo-"

"You were the first one to tell me I could be a hero, and admire me for my quirk. Thank you." He says and embraces you in a hug.

You stand frozen and he pulls away.

You walk away and say, "I'm sorry I was the first, but I hope to see you."

You bump into Shouto as you turn the corner.

No but you literately bumped heads.

You hiss in pain and rub your head.

"Bitch wtf?" You ask.

"I was coming here to congratulate you." He said "but I guess I shouldn't with your shitty attitude." He said sarcastically.

You roll your eyes.

"Welp good luck in your next match, and don't beat him too badly." You say.

"Right and good job in your last fight."

You part ways and make your way to your seat, conveniently next to where Shouto was sitting.