Chapter 62: Ultimate moves

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"I believe I mentioned this yesterday, but for now, Class 1-A of the hero course will be focusing on getting their provisional licenses." Mr. Aizawa explained.

"Yes, sir!"

"A hero license bears with the great responsibility of human life. If course, the exam to receive one is very difficult. Even the provisional license has only a 50% passing rate each year."

"Just the provisional license is that hard?"

"That's why today, we will have each of you come up with at least two..."

The class door slid open.

"... ultimate moves."

In the doorway was Cementoss, Ectoplasm and...

I groaned internally.

Midnight.

I love my mom, she's a great mother, it's just that when she does hero work ages embarrassing, annoying and kinky. A dangerous combo.

"Ultimate moves?! It's like a real school thing and yet,it's like a hero thing!" 80% of the Bakusquad yelled. (haH have fun with that math)

"Ultimate! This means that this move will get you a sure win!"

"A move so ingrained into your body that others cannot copy it. Battle means seeing, how much you can force what you're good at on your opponent."

"Your moves will represent you. These days pro heros without ultimate moves are an endangered species." Midnight said.

"We will tell you more as we go along. We want to proceed logically. Change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma."

~Small time skip~

I was next to Shou, holding hands. Surprisingly enough, no one in class had noticed our relationship.

"Gym Gamma, also known as the 'Training dining land' or TDL."

We get to eat?

"TDL might make a certain mouse mad at us...!"

"I came up with the idea for these facilities. Terrain and other things can be prepared specifically for each student." Cementoss said, bringing his hands to the floor and making a small mound of elevated cubes and rectangles thanks to his quirk.

"That's what the 'dining part refers to."

So no food?

"I see."

At this, Iida's hand shot right up, which was unfortunate because Iida isn't exactly short and he was right in front of me.

"Please allow me to ask a question. Why must we create ultimate moves for our provisional licensing exam? Please tell me your reasoning!"

"I'll tell you everything in order. Calm down. The job if a hero is to save people from danger, like crimes, accidents, natural disasters and man-made disasters. Tbs exam to become one naturally looks at his well you are able to do that. Your ability to gather information, make decisions, move and fight, in addition to your ability to communicate from people to you, and lead. Every year, a different test us used to look at how well you are able to do those things." Aizawa explained.

"Of those, your ability to fight is especially important to your futures as heros. If you are prepared you won't have to worry. Whether or not you have an ultimate nice will greatly affect whether or not you pass." Mom added.

"Not being influenced by circumstances and being able to act consistently will make you a great asset on the front lines."

"Your ultimate moves do not necessarily need to be of the attacking type. For example, Iida's Recipro burst, the temporary burst I'd speed is enough if a thread to be worth calling an ultimate move."