Chapter 22: Midoriya vs Todoroki

Oh boy aren't you in for a treat? This is almost 3000 words. Also two new characters who will be clarified in the next chapter.

~~Nico's POV~~ (new OC btw)

I was in the crowd, Ina sitting next to me. My ears were up and tail wagging with anticipation, Ina just sat there.

"Ina! I can't wait for this one! These guys seem so cool!"

"Hm. True." Was all she said.

"I heard they might let new students attend! We should try to see if we can get our parents to give us a recommendation!" I said happily.

"That would be nice. Im waiting for that (Y/n) Neptune girl's fight.. She looks so cool and her quirk is powerful." Ina said.

"Mhmm let's watch the battle!"

"Wanna make a bet?" She asked.

"Sure!" I said with a close eyed smile.

"If Midoriya wins we have to watch a horror movie later." She says, an intimidating gleam in her eyes. I brush it off.

"And if Todoroki wins you have to buy me cookies!" I said.

"Fine, fine." She said smiling.

I looked down, thanks to my quirk my vision is great! I can see the look in Midoriya and Todoroki's eyes. Since I bet on him I pay more attention to him.

I think that eyes are windows to the soul. I look at his carefully. On the outside I see anger, but if I look closely, there's determination, sadness,betrayal and fear.

I look at Midoriya and see anger at first, but then see pity, nervousness and reason. He's fighting for a reason, more so than Todoroki, yet there's not an inch of Determination in him.

"But I can't loose either." My ears picked up and tilted to get better range.

"I have to live up to the hopes of those who have supported me. I will beat you, too!" Midoriya said.

'please don't beat him I really don't want to scream at Coraline latter' I thought.

The crowds roared and so did I.

"YEAH!" I yelled not really knowing what to say.

Ina snorted. "Yeah?" She questioned.

I blushed and turned away.

"The first match of the second round! At this year's sports festival both have shown top class performances!" Present Mic introduced.

"Midoriya!" At this Ina cheered.

"Versus, Todoroki!" I yelled cheers for him, I need me some cookies cause dad spent the allowance he was going to give me on chicken.

I saw Todoroki take something out of his ear, it looked like a hearing aid with some sort of mic and speaker on it.

"It's two great rivals fighting against each other! Now,"

"START!" Present Mic screeched making me and Ina briefly cover our ears.

Todoroki immediately started to shoot ice from his foot. Midoriya countered it with a powerful flick. Wind whiping into the stands.

"Woah! Ina, Midoriya's strong!" I exclaimed.

"Guess we're watching Coraline!" She shouted over the noise.

"Wait until the fights over!" I pouted

He broke the ice! Midoriya broke that glacier of ice with one flick! Todoroki covered himself while making a wall of Ice behind himself. I saw ice shards fly everywhere and just as one was about to hit me a dome of water,like a shield stopped it.