♡ 30 ♡

the beautiful trees and the way the yellow and red leaf crumpled every step he took. how the flowers bloomed was the most tempting sight taeil had seen for the day, the moment he breathed in, such smell of purity caused him to feel free and alive.

" HEYYY! " a familiar sound disturbed the quietness taeil about to absorb.

" geez, i thought you already forgot about me and went home instead, " taeil rolled his eyes, and later he recognized that sofia had found mei by the time she arrived.

however, it wasn't only the cat that caught taeil's attention. in fact there was this presence of a tall man following her from behind. sofia hugged mei tighter and the female cat licked one of her fluffy cheeks. " oppa! this is johnny-nim. and if it wasn't for his effort, i don't think i could ever find mei. "

" oh hello, johnny. i would like to say thank you, and sorry for the burden. " and with that, both taeil and johnny then introduced themselves to one another.

" it's okay, hyung. it was my fault for hitting her in the first place either. " said johnny, chuckling a bit.

" hitting— on her? "

taeil was thinking about hitting for something else but sofia quickly interfere, and she pointed to johnny's bike with a pouty face, " he literally hit me with his bike. "

" oh.. you meant that kind of hit, hehe. "

" yah, aren't you worried about me at all? " sofia tried to grab the oldest attention but ended up failing when he said no.

deep down, taeil was worried about sofia's conditions. but after seeing the bandages over her wounded area, he realized that johnny had taken care of his responsibility well.

johnny giggled and the girl stuck her tongue out. " lol you're such a nosy girl aren't you. "

taeil laughed before saying, " let's go back. " and sofia nodded in response.

the girl then took mei inside her arms and was about to say farewell to johnny. " can i visit your shelter sometimes? " he suddenly asked, making both of the pet lovers confused.

" sure, but why? " asked sofia.

johnny was grinning from ear to ear. " well, maybe i will also find my soulmate here. "

the three of them then walked towards the shelter and as soon as johnny entered, his eyes seemed to be aware of how crowded it was with the strayed animals.

not long after arriving, one of the staffs walked towards them, " taeil-ssi, we need your help with the dogs. "

" i'll be right there! " before leaving, he asked sofia to accompany johnny, " try to look around for some pets! " he smiled.

clearly sofia didn't know exactly what to do with johnny's presence, especially because she had never met any of the shelter's client before. besides, johnny seemed to have wandered on his own without needing her help.

johnny kneeled in front of one of the friendly dog, petting him on the dog's head. " hey, sofia. are all the animals here allowed for adoption? "

" i think so but it might be better for you to ask the regulars here, " said sofia whilst she put down mei and gave her some treats, as well as playing with her.

johnny squinted his eyes, " wait, i thought you work here..? "

sofia shook her head to reply johnny's question. " to be honest i come here only to play with mei. "

" so what about the others? don't you play with them too? " johnny walked closer and squat down, trying to caress mei's head but ended up getting a thin scar instead. " so rude... "