♡ 15 ♡

sofia started her next day with lots of uneasiness. it had been exactly three hours after noon yet there weren't any phone calls from the agency staffs. she didn't even eat any lunch, not having any appetite as well as avoiding whether it was jeno, jungwoo, haechan, or especially ten.

she tried her best to not answering the other committee as well by silencing her phone from social media notifications and maintained her full focus straight to expect a phone call from the staffs.

the event would start in an hour but sofia didn't want to show up because she was too scared after disappointing everyone. she felt that she had destroyed the event completely due to her lack of responsibility.

on the other side, jeno was trying to search her all over the university along with ten. they decided to separate at some point because sofia's faculty was quite enormous but still there were no signs of her. little did they know, sofia didn't even leave her last class for the day. she only sat still with her phone in front of her sight.

" please, please, please... " she begged, almost crying but miracle seemed to have left her side.

" there you are! " sofia quickly hid under the table but it was too late, ten had seen her from the window.

ten asked in a worried tone, his eyes turned puffy as he couldn't even sleep last night thinking about her. " sofia, what happened to you? we've been trying to contact you! "

sofia covered her face and curled up, trying her best to not cry in front of ten since she didn't want ten to make fun of her anymore. " no... go away. "

but her eyes began to widen when ten suddenly hugged her from the side, saying " everything is fine sofia... " he calmly whispered.

it was the first time sofia felt something else besides hate when it came to ten's presence. ten himself also couldn't believe that he was able to finally show how much he cared for her being.

" but, what about the event? "

ten gently wiped sofia's teary eyes with his handkerchief. " what about it? everything is going to be fine. we were so worried because you went missing, " he added. their eyes met and sofia could feel her heart pounding due to both being flustered and touched.

" i lost you. " he sighed.

ten was nothing but a bully during his middle school. that's why sofia truthfully hated him and couldn't help but to feel upset whenever she meet him.

little did she know, even if ten still acted as a bully towards her, the man had become the university's sweetheart. he had been receiving lots of love until now because of how he behaved. sure there were quite the times where his fans hated on sofia but they were just out of his control.

he confused sofia with his words. " this might not be the proper time but better late then never right? " he suddenly took her hands in his.

before he realized, ten's eyes shattered into tears. " i am sorry. i know the word sorry meant nothing compared to what i've done and it's super fine if you want to hate me for eternity but at least i can say sorry. sofia, i felt terrible every time i see you, especially when i remembered the horrible things i've said about you before. "

" when i knew that you'd got accepted here, in this university, i knew you could easily spill everything bad about me, ruining my reputation i've built over for the past two years. " sofia was about to feel betrayed when he mentioned his reputation, as if his apology was only to save his image.

" but you didn't. you didn't and i was speechless. how could there be someone as... nice? kind? i don't even know what to say to describe you anymore. to me, you're like a living angel and that's it. " he tightened the grip of her hands, there were nothing but regret showing off his gaze. ten himself didn't expect their relationship to be like it used to, but at least he was relieved, knowing he had the chance to apologize.