♡ 6 ♡

as kun entered her room, sofia accidentally hit the table, making the pink envelopes scattered around the floor. she swore she saw no one was inside her house when she arrived. " let's have dinner...? " he said with a confused expression.

kun who saw those fallen letters, stopped his sentence and immediately took one of the papers. " what are these? " he asked.

" nothing. " she shrugged.

sofia tried to get the letter from kun but he held it higher than her capability to reach, " have you been dating? " kun asked but he was ignored by sofia.

the girl was making it worse by pretending to not hear anything, instead she focused on compiling the fallen letters instead.

he moved closer and grabbed sofia's wrist, " sofia, answer me. " he stated, tension was on his voice. her eyes were looking to the side. she was too afraid to face her brother's rage.

both seulgi and kun always hated the thoughts of seeing their youngest dating anyone, particularly after she had an arrange marriage to jaehyun. the man whom she only met once and it wasn't even pleasing to begin with.

" n-no. " her words changed to mutters as kun's sturdy grip hurt her wrist.

noticing her hurting eyes, kun quickly shook his head and let go of sofia's wrist. kun sighed and sofia pulled her hand back, it had turned a bit pinkish but she was still fine.

sofia took the chance to steal back the letter from kun, but to his surprised, she suddenly torn the three letters and threw them straight into the dumpster. " what's wrong? " kun was left in confusion as sofia walked passed through him, heading downstairs.

" aren't we supposed to be having dinner together? " she gazed lightly at kun before continuing her steps out of the room.

their dinner was quite, awkward, and wasn't pleasant at all. kun wanted to ask about her previous actions but he didn't want her to stop eating. after dinner, kun followed sofia to her room. he didn't want her ignorance worsened after that day and each time she pretended to not hear his questions, he could feel his heart struck by a sharp spine.

just when she was about to close the door, kun stood in front of sofia. " mei, i'm really sorry, i was just worried about you. "

" no, it's my fault. i should've told you sooner. " sofia slowly lifted her head to face kun. " family comes first, i know that i have to marry jaehyun. " sorrow was seen from her eyes. " even if the letters i torn before were actually filled with sweet words, " she continued.

" so? " kun indirectly stated that he had zero interest in this topic.

sofia sighed, " i just can't imagine how pitiful it must be to date me, especially with a brother like you. "

kun rolled his eyes away, arms crossed in front of his chest. " and what do you mean by that, hm? " he scoffed. " you're annoying. " kun eyes widened when sofia sweetly smiled in front of his sight. the mockery she gave was not syncing with her cute expression.

" well, do you still remember our promise? " asked kun. " hm, let me think... that whoever wanted to date me must be verified by the almighty kun-ge " kun felt satisfied and he couldn't help but to pinch sofia's cheek. she was indeed too cute for him to handle.

the girl wiped her cheeks and playfully pushed kun outside the room. " go back to your room, "

sofia then threw herself onto the bed with her mind planning for tomorrow's act. as she was about to doze off, her phone suddenly rang. it was jeno.

she answered the phone to receive great news that both of them were chosen at the same division. " that's great! " sofia put jeno on speaker before she checked on the group chat. how could she forget such an important announcement is being held that night.

she scrolled through the excel data, making sure not to miss her name. " have you find your name, yet? " jeno asked and sofia replied with a yes.

" five staffs for grand closing, two staffs for grand opening, and three staffs for exploration, " she shook her head. such minimal quantities for a lot of job description. "

" it's not that we're going to do everything though, the list was created to determine who's leading for what event, the other staffs would also help us in terms of preparation. " sofia nodded in understanding after jeno finished his explanation.

just as sofia felt grateful that she was going to work in the same division as jeno, destiny served her the worst possibility she could ever imagine, " oh come on, you've got to be kidding me. " she gasped in surprised.

" sofia? " jeno was worried as there were only silence coming from the other's phone.

" ARGH WHYYYYY?! "

sofia sudden screams made jeno so shocked that he threw his earphones away. " oh my god, why does it have to be TEN??? out of all people, whyyy him!? " jeno could hear sofia ranting from the other side. he was confused because he didn't know that sofia had been hating ten for a long time.

" sofia, are you okay? "

sofia quickly mute her microphone, she was too angry to realize that she hadn't muted her mic all along.

" sofia? what happened? why are you muting yourself? " asked jeno, feeling a little panic.

sofia unmuted her phone and sighed, " sorry, it's just i hate ten so much. "

out of the blue, jeno suddenly laughed and left sofia feeling dumbfounded.

" what's so funny? " she asked.

" actually, jungwoo hyung told me that he would arrange ten with you but i didn't expect he's going to put me in between the two of you. " sofia felt confused and decided to ask whether jeno had already known jungwoo before the meeting.

jeno nodded, " well, jungwoo hyung and i used to study at the same middle school. " he replied.

" you better not spill anything about my beef with ten. " stated sofia loud and clear.

jeno quickly denied sofia's allegation and told that jungwoo had planned this all by himself without him knowing their issues and that jeno also had nothing to do with the team results.

" well, i'm actually glad you're coming down with us now. " sofia continued.

" can you imagine what would happen if there were only the two of us? i swear i would pull his wig down instead of discussing the concept. " sofia seemed like she was serious about it yet jeno couldn't handle his laughter. " i'd pay to see that! "

" ugh! " the other boy stopped laughing after sofia replied in an upsetting tone, of course he didn't want her to snatch his own wig in front of everybody.

" well i guess i'll see you tomorrow? " jeno said and sofia replied back agreeing, they both said farewell before ending the call.

she tried to sleep but ended up failing as she imagined some of the worst scenarios could possibly happen starting tomorrow. she couldn't imagine the three of them discussing their raw concept before presenting it tomorrow. for her, meeting ten was the least thing she ever wanted to do but at the same time, she had to show her best performance inside the community.

she took a long breath of air, letting them out slowly to keep herself calm. " come on sofia, just take a deep breath. "

" you have to be professional, that's it. all you have to do tomorrow is talk and leave. nothing more, that's it. " she covered herself in blanket and started screaming in frustration.

sofia whined as she forcefully tried to sleep, " lee jeno... i'm really counting on you sooo bad. "