♡ 9 ♡

during her middle school, sofia always had this huge crush over a senior named hendery though she never tell anyone about it. she only kept it to herself, mainly due to her being shy and the signs of him being uninterested weren't that subtle either. too bad she had a hard time remembering whether she had done anything obvious since she hardly talk to him or maybe she just stared at him too much.

one day, she passed through the hallway to get to the school's restroom during class. as she was walking back to continue her class, she saw hendery and his other friend were standing in front of the auditorium. they were also chatting about something quite familiar and sofia found herself walking slower, hoping they hadn't seen her.

" there's a girl in my class that likes you and her name starts with the letter s, can you guess it? "

her eyes widened as she quickly recalled everyone's name in her class. there had to be someone else rather than her that name also started with s. but no, she was the only girl whose name started with the letter s.

sofia practically sprinted past them and went inside her classroom, praying that they didn't notice her the hall. it was the most embarrassing moment of her second year. even if the rest of the year was pretty awkward although she couldn't remember much of it.

also involving her crush on hendery, there was this very awkward moment between the two of them. what distinguishes the events was because now it involved sofia's own friends. it occurred during her final year and she couldn't believe that she still had a crush on this particular senior.

one of her friends named sei was trying to get sofia to tell her who she had been crushing for years. she didn't give sofia any rest as she kept on bringing the topic and she acted as if sofia wasn't obvious enough since hendery would probably had it figured out before.

" that one, you know, the one who has three sisters... " sofia started hinting, minimizing the volume while rambling about his dark hair and distinctive features.

in the end sofia just said his name and that's when one of her closer friends named nakyung walked up, she figured out what they were talking about and went, " oh my godd, i didn't know sofia liked hendery. " nakyung exclaimed.

sofia was considered to be shy and awkward between the other kids in her class, but those words coming out of nakyung just brought it to a whole new level. meanwhile, nakyung herself had always been a little naive and socially, a little clueless. she realized her mistake when sei turned to stare at her and seemed to be shocked at the words coming out of her mouth.

sofia tried to explain her condition but it felt so awkward standing there, as if she wanted to crawl into a hole and hide. thankfully, sei didn't seem to get what nakyung had been blabbering about and decided to keep sofia's secret within her palms.

another thing happened to her when she was in high school. remembering her own past, sofia couldn't believe how awkward it must be to know that he had to share the same school again with her.

sofia tried to avoid meeting hendery by applying to the most prestigious high school yet she failed by a quarter point during her national exam. using the same score, she applied to her second choice and was shocked to find hendery's face on the school's uniform guidance board.

she already had two years full of awkwardness during her middle school and was pretty much determined to change her personality into a more bubbly one.

her mission succeed because almost everybody had a good impression on her as she excelled in both studies and non academic field. she was also engaged with one of the famed extracurricular club, which was an art workshop that consists of three divisions of music, dance, and theatre act. sofia herself took an interest for the music division where she met her current best friend, haechan.