The Bonds We Share

Author's Note: I couldn't help myself...I wanted to post another chapter lol. Once again thank you all for reading when I update and for giving my story a chance! I love all you lovely readers!

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Trek! All rights belong to JJ Abrams (movie references) and Gene Roddenberry (TOS references). Any grammatical errors or mistakes you find I hope you can forgive me! Happy reading everyone!

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Update, Ensign Erikson." I spoke out to make my presence known and the moment I stepped one foot into the room I was swarmed with Ensigns and Lieutenants giving me report after report about what's been going on with the ship while I was dealing with Khan.

"We've done damage control on decks seven through ten, no radiation leaks as far as we can tell, there's still extensive damage on decks eleven through thirteen that we're still trying to gain control over." Ensign Erikson reported as he attempted to keep pace with me as we made our way across the walkway, taking time to stop to observe the core room as we did a checkover on what other officers had reported in that Ensign Erikson had documented for our records.

"Great..." I mumbled as I dismissed the Ensign before Chekov came to stand where the Erikson had once stood. "just great..."

Chekov handed me one of the datapads he was using to take into account more of the damage that wasn't reported, more importantly I wanted to know what was going on inside the warp core. This room is what I needed to be concerned about, because if something happens to it it can cost us our lives. As I looked over the pad I suddenly felt something flare up inside me starting from the center of my chest. I felt anger, pain, I couldn't breath...my whole body was filled with a murderous intent that I knew instantly that something had gone wrong.

My communicator came to life and without me looking or seeing where it was coming from I had answered without giving it a second thought only to hear Jim's groan and wheezing come through on the other end. "Captain?"

"Ally!" Jim wheezed as he tried to catch his breath.

"Captain! What's wrong?" I asked in a panic as I handed the device I was holding back to Chekov.

"It's Khan!" Jim coughed, sounding absolutely winded as he tried to keep his breathing even. "It's Khan! He's gone rogue!"

"Put me through!" I pleaded as I made my way to a more quieter area in the engineering room.

"You're good! You're good to go!" Jim responded as I heard in the background a painful yell that grew even louder the longer I waited to talk.

"Khan...?"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

I felt ashamed. Out of everything this man had put me through, everything this man had done and had cost me...I let my anger get the best of me not because of all the troubles I'd gone through, but because he had insulted a woman I had met just hours ago.

I was going to take great pleasure in squashing this man's head between my hands, the more pressure I applied the more the man in front of me began to scream. All that was spoken to me back on the Enterprise was forgotten as I simply concentrated on the task at hand...nothing was going to stop me. Not anymore...not this time.

"Khan...?" the pressure I was applying eased at the sudden voice I heard. The voice that belonged to that woman who put so much trust in me. "Khan, I don't know what's going on, but if Jim decided to call me then I can only guess what's happening. I can't tell what exactly it is you're doing, but if I were to guess? You're about to kill Marcus with your own hands. All that anger I felt, Khan, let it go. We aren't judges and executioners."