A New Boss In Town

Author's Note: This is a bit of a fluff episode, and I'm quite happy with it. Though if there's mistakes or if I have to do rewrites I will do it once I catch it (writing, I seem to not catch the little things lol). Thank you for the love and support! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Trek! All rights belong to JJ Abrams (movie references) and Gene Roddenberry (TOS references). Any grammatical errors or mistakes you find I hope you can forgive me! Happy reading everyone!

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Ally!" I heard my name being called just as I was getting out of the shower. "Ally! Open up!"

"Hold on! I'm not dressed!" I yelled in a slight panic as I reached down to whatever clothing was closest to me scattered about on my bed. "Give me a second!"

I quickly pulled the shirt over my head, it was extremely large compared to my usual clothing...I realized that it was one of Khan's black sleeping shirt. I shrugged my shoulder, it was too late to change out, and I went over to the door to let in whoever was urgently calling for my attention.

Carol's smiling face greeted me as she grabbed my arm and dragged the two of us back into my room, from behind her I noticed that Nyota was trailing right on Carol's heels.

"Who does the shirt belong to?" Nyota teased, knowing full well already whose, as she locked my door behind her.

"Well, when people are yelling out my name in a frantic tone, I figured it was an emergency and I didn't want to answer the door in only a towel." I said as Carol dragged me over to the bed, yanking me down to sit beside her as Nyota hopped over to sit right in the center of the bed. "Now, what's so urgent that you two are yelling my name rather loudly in the hallways?"

"Two things!" Nyota smiled. "Carol, you can go first."

"I saw my name Ally!" Carol giggled, unable to control her giddiness at revealing her news. "And Jim, he saw mine! He didn't try and run away either! It was the perfect opportunity to sit and talk about our Marks extensively! Ally, I really think that there's an actual future here! Nothing like seeing our Marks and acting like it doesn't exist while completely distancing ourselves as I expected!"

"What did he say?" I eagerly asked as Carol and Nyota smiled at each other. "Do I have to beg for the answer? Why am I the only one being left out?"

"Well...he said he loved me!" Carol giggled.

"Hell must have frozen over." I theatrically gasped before Carol hit my shoulder causing me to laugh. "Never would've thought I'd see the day that Jim finally said the 'L' word. I'm happy for you, Carol, I really am."

"I haven't been this excited since Boxing Day." Carol said. "Have you ever felt this way?"

"I've been excited, but never over a word, we never exchanged such pleasantries yet." I shook my head before Nyota suddenly grabbed my shoulders and turned my body to her.

"What do you mean you haven't!" Nyota asked. "Are...is everything all right between you three?"

"Everything is okay between us Nyota, more then okay. Fantastic even!" I assured with a smile. "We just never had the time or the right opportunity to say it. I think Leonard did try and say it once, but it wasn't the right time to finish it." I shrugged my shoulders. "I just assumed that actions speak louder than words. I know for a fact that they care and love me, I'm sure they know that too." I pursed my lips in thought. "Should...do you think they'd want me to say it?"