The DeLuca Family Tree

Author's Note: I think I may watch Star Trek again haha, I feel really sad that I don't need to watch the movie anymore to write future chapters lol. Anyway, how are you all doing? I hope you all are hanging in there. ^^

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Trek! All rights belong to JJ Abrams (movie references) and Gene Roddenberry (TOS references). If there's any grammatical errors or mistakes that you find I hope you can forgive me! Happy reading everyone!

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Celestyn has created a group: Operation Infiltration

Celestyn has mass added: NOT HER CREW

Jim: Why exactly are we messaging each other through our datapads?

Celestyn: Because DeLuca's have eyes and ears everywhere in Yorktown now. I have to be careful where I go as well as who I talk to in public. It'll look quite strange for me to be speaking to a crew that's not even my own. Especially your crew, Kirk. Everyone knows you and your accomplishments in the past five plus years you've been Captain. Everyone knows your face.

Nyota: What is the purpose of us talking here? You could've told us at the party what your plan was as well as where it's being held?

Spock: You were insistent that we speak here, Captain DeLuca.

Celestyn: Before I reveal anything, I need to give you all a crash course on the DeLuca family tree if this plan of mine (ours) is going to work. What you read about in your books at the academy? Completely different when you meet the Big Bad 6 up close.

Spock: With all due respect, Captain DeLuca, out of curiosity, why did you offer to help us? Your interaction with your sibling back at Starfleet Headquarters indicated that the relationship between you and Allyson is nonexistent.

Celestyn: ...

Jim: ...Captain?

Celestyn: Kirk, I've been a captain for a very long time. And you are correct Mister Spock to say that the family relationship between the three of us (Aurelius, myself, and Allyson) as well as our parents are nonexistent. I'd even go so far as to say that to imply that there is would be insulting...back then. But after four years? After our little confrontation back at Starfleet HQ, I was able to contemplate and think on the situation I've found myself in.

Spock: And what have you come to realize?

Celestyn: ...I have come to the conclusion that Allyson is right...and I think Aurelius would agree as well. We had a little talk after your group had attempted to shut down the regulator in this starbase, he was having a bit of an existential crisis. Was a bit hilarious until I realized it was my duty, being the only one around, to calm him down since he wouldn't want any outsider to see him at his weakest. But when he was finally pacified he...actually, the two of us, sat and thought about things. Our family may produce great substantial leaders, but we're far from the perfect image we portray ourselves to be. We have demons, insecurities, skeletons in our closet that we are ashamed of but never speak out loud about it, why? Because...we were meant to be the embodiment of perfection. And having a weakness? Well...that word was never in our family dictionary.

Celestyn: Allyson will get chewed up and spat out at that party, berated for being a mediocre Starfleet Officer, but I suspect with your group there? She can have that needed strength to push through the countless insults.