A Tale of Three Engineers

Author's Note: *blows noisemakers* Ta-da! *throws confetti* To make up for not posting last week I thought I would post two chapters! It took an extra week of not posting, simply because I needed to sit and think how I wanted to go into writing Beyond (as explained at the end).

And since the next time I update the date would've passed: Happy Valentines Day!

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Trek! All Rights belong to JJ Abrams (movie references) and Gene Roddenberry (TOS references). Any grammatical errors or mistakes you find I hope you can forgive me! Happy reading everyone!

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"I've got it!" Mister Scott had yelled out, breathing heavily at having worked as quickly as he could to give the ship the boost that we needed to escape. I reached down into the shaft that he had been working in, offering him my hand to take so that I could haul him back up to our level. "Now! Reroute the power!"

Keenser, Mister Scott's little helper, started moving across the station that he was waiting on and in front of us I could see more of the shuttle crafts being destroyed just as they were taking off. The ship started to come to life, and for a second I felt a sense of hope before I noticed that the attacks on our ship started to get stronger.

I went over to the station, going over to a different console that Keenser wasn't working on as I brought up our ship's readings. We indeed got our ship moving, but we weren't moving fast enough. Before my very eyes the schematics had changed, connection between the saucer and the docking assembly weren't responding to each other. The enemy had gone in for the kill, severing the docking assembly and rendering us powerless. At that very moment, from above us the alarm started to sound throughout the ship issuing a ship wide evacuation to all that were still aboard the saucer.

"Abandon ship. All personnel evacuate immediately."

"Come Mister Scott." I yelled, accessing this floors schematics before jumping into action. "Keenser, with me. Keep close."

"We need to get to the escape pods!" Mister Scott yelled back as he ran to keep up with me.

"There's one located nearby, but we'll need to make our way to the other side of the saucer for us to reach the remaining pods." I informed as I reached over to the side wall, activating the Kelvin pod and motioned for Keenser to step inside. "I'm inputting the sequence that'll take you safely down to the planet's surface. The pod will take you straight down."

Keenser gave us a sad chirp before Mister Scott knelt down, he spoke to the little alien and urged Keenser to gather his courage. "We'll see you down there, alright?"

I activated the pod, and the second it shot out and off the ship I motioned for Mister Scott to follow. "Just before we left I located any remaining Kelvin pods still on this level. I'll lead us there. Don't fall behind."

We made a run through engineering, coming to a brief stop in the center of the walkway as I recalled the floor plan and where we needed to go next. From behind us, over the sound of the breaking of our ship I heard the sound of a weapon starting up and taking aim.

"Mister Scott!" I yelled as I reached over and grabbed the Scottish man by the back of his neck and forced him to lower his head just as sparks started to fly the second the phaser had hit the metal bar above us. Just where his head would've been. I turned around to see that the enemy had boarded our ship, they looked to be searching for something and we were in their way. "This way!"