Chapter Fifty Seven

Kamaria

I was in the shower because I had a lot of sand well...everywhere.

I had a dress to wear tonight because Aubrey was talking me out to dinner on our second to last day here. He had picked a nice restaurant he told me.

But when he got home he was acting nervous, I wasn't sure why.

I finish showering and start getting ready.

"Mmmh you look so fine," he slaps my ass walking behind me. "Finer than a grain of sand."

"Fuck off," I laugh at his corny joke. I put an orange bodycon dress that had some blue detailing with some orange heels and put my braids in a half up half down.

Aubrey came out in a navy blue suit and oh my God.

"How is this," he does a little twirl.

"You look very good," I smile. I don't know what it was but it the way he looked in a suit. And his cologne smelled so goo—

"Hello?" I look at him. "You ready?"

"Yeah I'm ready," I smile trying to get back to reality.

He smirks. "Shall we?"

"We shall."

We made our wait out and downstairs to the car. "Where are we going."

"You'll see but I think you'll like it...I hope y-you do anyways," he smiles nervously.

Aubrey usually was very collected and together. It was hard to catch him slipping unless it was that serious. His leg was all jittery and he was really nervous.

"Are you okay babe?"

"Hmm? Yeah I'm straight," he smiles. "Are you?"

"No I'm pretty hungry actually," I hear my stomach grumble.

"We gon take care of that right now," we pull up to a big fancy place with lights and they looked so beautiful because it was nighttime.

"You always wanna outdo yourself huh," I chuckle.

We get out of the car and walk inside.

"Reservas para Graham?"

A woman brings us to a really nice table to sit. I was so excited to eat and to be here. I could've never been somewhere like this in my life.

"What do you think so far?"

"What do I think? Nigga this place is perfect," I was literally so excited and Aubrey started laughing at me.

"Well I'm glad you like it. You know I love you."

"I mean you must if you're bringing me here," I smirk. "But seriously thank you," I tell him. "You didn't even have to do all of this."

"I wanted to," he says. Before I can respond, the waiter comes over and Aubrey makes me choose everything.

He knows how indecisive I am smh.

But we tried a lot of different food and we had a really good time. Like let me know it what life you'd expect to be sitting at this restaurant with my man? I'm pretty sure I'd be at home watching Lovecraft Country.

Girl, I'm sitting here at the most expensive restaurant in the Dominican Republic, enjoying my meal.

"I feel pregnant," I laugh. I ate so much food I literallt could not breathe. I've never felt this laid back before or comfortable. For once, I was actually enjoying life and enjoying spending time with someone. I wasn't worrying about gaining weight or money expenses or school or anything. I was actually enjoying myself.

"What," Aubrey smiles at me. He wasn't as nervous but I could still sense his nervousness. What was he hiding?

"Nothing I'm just thinking about how much we've been through and how we are here now," I laugh.

"Yeah? We've been through it but you're with me and that's why I'm doing good," he says. "And I always want you by my side."

"I'll always be by your side Aubrey," I laugh.

"So then," he sighs. He gets up and starts digging in his pockets nervously and comes towards me.

"What?"

He gets down on one knee and all my life starts flashing before my eyes.

*Flashback starts*

"Mom...do you miss dad?"

"Yeah I do. But life will go on as long as I have you," she kisses my cheek. "Let's get you ready for your first day of second grade."

"Yeah you're pretty but...bigger girls aren't my type," he says trying to contain his laugh. "But you're smart so you'll get us these points for this senior final project."

"Ms. Valoy, you have a lot of student loans to start paying off...are you sure you want to go and get your masters?"

"Hi I'm Kamaria Valoy?"

"Oh yes, please sit Ms. Valoy," I invite her to sit.

"So tell me why would you like to work for us?"

"Ms. Valoy is everything alright?" A raspy Mr. Graham says on the other end of the line.

I see Aubrey come down a step and look at me. "Jesus Kamaria I just—," I run to him and hug him tightly.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I—," he hugs me tightly. "You have nothing to be sorry about."

"I like you," those words echoed through my body. I wasn't sure I was here on earth anymore. There was no way.

"You like me?"

He chuckled at my surprised expression. "Yeah... I have ever since I laid eyes on you Kamaria."

*Flashback ends*

I was thinking about my whole life when Aubrey got on his knees. Is he going to do what I think. I never thought I would get to this point in my life.

That someone would actually like me? For everything that I have? Do for me what Aubrey has done for me? Love me the way Aubrey does. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"You know how much I love you," his hand grabs mine.

I nod and feel tears falling down my face.

"We've been through a lot together. I know when you came to work at Ovo this wasn't what you expected. I know I've put you through a lot. But you always stood by me. And I always want you by my side. I want to love you for the rest of my life. I want to love you for the rest of my life. Start a family with you and grow old with you," he pulls the ring out of the box.

"I want you to be mine princess," he looks at me. "Will you marry me?"

I felt my body shake and I try to say yes but my voice was stuck.

"Y-ye—," I get cut off.

"So you just left your fiancé hanging just for me to find out you have another one Aubrey," a girl laughs.

Aubrey and I look up and he drops his glass and it crashes on the floor.

"Robyn?"

And all my happiness came crashing down.

Thank you for reading
Vote, comment and share♥️
Do you wanna get married some time in the future?
And who is this Robyn chick?!