Chapter Thirty Eight

Kamaria

The last two days, Aubrey and I have been getting to know each other inside and out.

I talked to his mother on the phone. She was a very nice lady and wanted to meet me soon. I know she was battling with alcoholism but, I could hear how strong she was.

I think Aubrey got his mental strength from her.

As corny as it sounds, you really never stop getting to know someone. Whether it's your best friend or your husband. I started to really put some faith and trust into this relationship. I wasn't sure at first because, sometimes adrenaline makes you rush into things.

But I've never been happier. But today was my birthday. Usually, I tried to treat it like any other day and ignore it.

That birthday depression really do be hitting for some reason.

But I'm in Bora Bora with the finest man I've ever laid eyes on. I mean I'm excited but, something about my birthday just didn't excite me. I wasn't sure what it was. But I didn't want Aubrey to think it was him or anything.

Waking up that morning, I noticed that Aubrey was sound asleep next to me. He was so peaceful, so himself when he was sleeping.

I decided I would write a little poetry before he gets up. After the Valentine's Day gift I gave him, he said he'd like to see more poetry from me.

I tried to think of something to write for like thirty minutes. But my brain was at a stalemate today. I could go and finish a homework assignment since I have time?

But for some reason I was so distracted by the beautiful man next to me. I grabbed his face and played with his beard a little bit.

"Good morning birthday girl," he opens his eyes and kisses me deeply.

"Thank you," I smile. He gets up out of bed and goes out into somewhere in the house. Within minutes he's back with a plate of breakfast.

"When the hell did you do this?"

"Don't worry about it," he winks. "Enjoy your day beautiful.

Everything he made was so good. Bruh a man that cooks?

Say less.

While I was eating, I felt myself start to get in my thoughts. It wasn't the fact that I was aging. If I age anything like my mom I will be fine. I just felt bad that he was doing all of this.

Aubrey always did so much for me. He put so much time and effort into me and I didn't feel like I did the same. Even after all the Bria shit, I doubted him? He's been nothing but good to me and—

"You okay princess?" He looks at me concerned. I guess I zoned out pretty bad while eating.

"Yeah I'm okay. I just got lost in how good it is," I smile. He creases his eyebrows and looks at me. "If you're sure. I'm gonna go take a shower and you're more than welcome to join," he winks.

I roll my eyes at him. He goes into the shower and my phone rings.

"Hel—," I get cut off by some chanting.

"HAPPY RATCHET BIRTHDAY BITCH," Kayla screams on the end of the phone.

"This about to be my ears last time seeing it's birthday if you don't stop all that damn screaming," I tell her. "Thank you it means a lot."

"I bet the boss has a lot planned for you. Probably gonna come back pregnant."

"Oh my...absolutely not," I laugh. "I'm just relaxing."