Chapter Seventy Two

Aubrey

"I'm going to the farmer's market, want something?"

"Can you see if they have those really nice peaches?"

"Yeah," she kisses me. "Even though you have a really nice peach here," she pokes my butt and runs away.

The smile on my face was like no other though. Things were slowly but surely getting better for the both of us. We always bounced back, no matter what.

As we continued to go through the motions day by day, I realized how much emotional maturity I had reached. I realized that Kamaria and I were really coming to a place where we both were one. We understood how our emotions affected each other. Even when Kamaria was hangry.

We had pushed a lot of obstacles out the way.

But there was one thing that kept coming up.

Marriage.

Kamaria and I had been going strong for so long. We've been through everything together. Literally kidnapping in Dubai to recently losing our child. But with everything, we always found each other.

I knew I wanted to have a wedding. I knew that was who I wanted to wake up next to in bed for the rest of my life. There was no question about it. I officially wanted her to be Mrs. Graham.

The question was when was the right time? A lot of times there is no question about the right person. You know it's the right person, or the right thing for you. But is it the right time?

Wrong timing can put you in an alternate timeline with outcomes you never anticipated. Everything you planned so perfectly could turn into a disaster.

A wedding left Kamaria and I's thoughts for quite a few months now. I didn't want to rush into planning something else that would be stressful.

I didn't know when the right time would be for us both. I knew I was healing well. I knew I was slowly becoming a better version of myself. I didn't want to throw it away all for a stressful wedding.

I receive a call from my phone. "Hello?"

"Don't act like you ain't know I was gonna call," I can hear the smirk in Cristiano's voice.

"I'm actually glad you called, I need help."

"Of course you do. You're a man who has no idea what he's doing except for when it comes to your business and your wife."

"Speaking of wife...," I trail off.

"Oh shit," Cristiano gasps. "I forgot you two never had an actual wedding. Are you just gonna go to the courthouse or something?"

"No I still want to plan a wedding but...maybe that's too stressful right now?"

He laughs. "Too stressful with what you two have been through?"

I shrug. "I just...so many things have gone wrong in my life. This is one that I can't afford to have go wrong," I sigh.

"It won't," he reassures me. "Talk to her about it. You guys don't have to have a big wedding. Just make sure it's everything you want you know. Take your time bro. Weddings shouldn't have to be stressful."

I rolled my eyes because he was right, like usual. I've made it this far, no reason to continue stressing about it.

"I'll talk to her about it," I nod.

"Oh beautiful cause I'm definitely gonna be helping design that wedding dress," I can hear him smirking through the phone.

"Whatever you say," I laugh. I hear keys at the front, knowing Kamaria is home.

"I'll call you later," I tell him and we hang up. Camera comes in with two bags full of all types of fruits and veggies.

"I found your peaches and they're in season," she cheeses.

I go down to the kitchen to help her with wash and put stuff away. "So how was the farmer's market."

She looks at me suspiciously. "Good...why?"

"No reason just...I haven't been in a long time maybe I'll go next time."

She nods. "Yeah a lot of food is in season right now," she gets on her top toes to reach the top of the cabinet.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something."

She turns around and smirks. "See I knew you were up to something," she comes back to the counter where I'm washing apples. "What did you do?"

I crease my eyebrows. "So I have to have done something wrong?"

She laughs. "No...did I do something?"

I shake my head and chuckle. "No...I want us to do something though."

She lifts her eyebrow. "Someone's been horny lately, my lord."

"That's not what I meant," I flick water at her.

"Hey," she flicks water back at me. "So what did you mean."

I get a paper towel and dry myself. "I meant...we still haven't had a wedding yet."

Kamaria looks surprised at the words coming out of my mouth. "Yeah you're right we...haven't."

"I was just mentioning it because...we've been through a lot you know. I feel like it's time."

"When did you want to?"

"Whenever you feel like you're ready," I kiss her shoulder. "Whatever you want I want."

A small smile creeps up on her face. "I'd like you to have some input though."

"Don't worry I will."

"Alright...yeah we can start preparing for that."

"Okay," I smile.

I'm really about to get married.

Thank you for reading 👻
Vote, comment and share
Thank you guys for all your support 💓 I genuinely love all of you so much & thank you for your patience!!!

-R 🥰