Chapter Five

Kamaria

I had woken up to get ready for work. I was excited to officially start working today. I had started research at home already for this big project.

I mean call me crazy but I really do like what I do. I still kind of wish I went with law. But I think it's important you like the job you do a little, you know? Plus I got all my homework done earlier so I had some time.

I loved that I didn't have to get up as early as I used to at my old job and I'd make so much more money.

I start up my R&B playlist for the morning.

"Boy, I've been watching you like the hawk in the sky," I start singing.

I was feeling really good today and my mood was on point.

"Where are my damn keys?" I realize I couldn't find my keys when I was ready to leave.

I look around and I find them in the bathroom...guess I was in too good of a mood.

I grab my keys and go to my car and get ready for work.

The traffic wasn't bad and so I could actually enjoy my music in the car without feeling stressed.

Oh my my my
I'm feeling high
My moneys gone
I'm all alone

I pulled into the parking lot, listening to my music. Still was like fifteen minutes early too.

"Erykah Badu ?" I hear a deep voice ask me.

I turn and see Daniel. "Oh hey...yeah it is," I laugh.

He smiles at me. "A girl with a real taste in music, huh?"

I smile. "I guess you do too since you know it."

"Yeah I guess...guess we a bit early huh. You wanna sit in my car?"

I look at him. Daniel was a very attractive man to say the least. But I wasn't sure if it would be inappropriate of me to sit in his car.

"We can just listen to some music," he reassures me.

I nod and get out my car and into his. "You're car is really nice," I look around. I didn't know much about cars but I know a BMW when I see one.

"Thank you," he turns the music up.

She was more than a women, a goddess for all it seems
All I ever needed was her right here loving me

"I don't know the name for some reason but this is definitely by Case," I smiled.

"For a while we were cool and the groovin' love was on. But I still remember how it felt when our love was gone," Daniel sings smiling.

"In a tattered picture book, Was a photograph she took years ago," I sang with him.

"Damn shawty can sing," Daniel smiles.

"No that was you," I feel myself turn red.

"Faded Pictures," he winks at me.

I knew it.

I looked down at my phone. "I better get going. I don't wanna be late on the first official day," I smile.