Chapter Forty Three

Kamaria
"Aubrey got Bria pregnant."

I thought I heard her incorrectly. I felt myself lose grasp of everything in my life, including my drink.

"Kamaria," Kayla gasps. An employee comes over and asks me if everything is okay.

"Ma'am is everything alright? Do you want us to make you another one?"

I shake my head. "No it's alright...that's my bad actually, let me help," I help him clean up some of the mess.

I need to figure out what the mess I was in right now was though.

"Kamaria," Kayla taps my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

I nod. "Let's go back, yeah?"

She has a concerned look on her face. I know she was worried about me but I couldn't worry about this any more than I already had in the last five minutes.

We walk out and back towards the building. But I stop before we go inside. "Can I ask you something?"

She looks at me and nods. Kayla has never been this quiet before...so I knew this wasn't a joke.

"How did you find this out?"

"Remember when I was delivering those papers to Aubrey...I walked in on them talking about what to do with the pregnancy."

I felt my heart drop.

"Okay," I mumble almost inaudibly. We head back inside and I go up to get my work done as fast as possible. I didn't wanna leave right away but I needed to be the first one out the door.

But it was difficult to get everything done when that was all that was on my mind.

There must be an explanation? Where would he have even found the time to cheat on me...cheat on me.

I think that's the part that hurt my heart the most. I never did what I was doing with Aubrey with anyone. I never let anyone in like this, never shared myself like this with anyone.

I was so stupid to think a rich CEO would be serious over a girl like me. Because what? He takes me on trips and buys me stuff. I'm sure he did the same for every other girl.

I heard a knock on the door in the middle of my thoughts.

Daniel.

"Hey I saw you were working on the spread sheet but I actually already finished it," he hands it to me. "So I think your work is done for the day."

I give him a small smile. "Thank you...also I'm sorry for being so rude to you a couple weeks back," I recall when Bria spilled a drink on me.

He chuckles. "Nah it's alright we always have bad days," he tells me. "You okay?"

I shake my head. "I will be okay soon though.""

He nods. "I understand. Let me know if you need anything though."

When he leaves, I decide to pack my stuff early and get out before Aubrey can talk to me. I'm sure he was hoping Kayla wouldn't tell me or he knew she did.

Either way, there's no point in us talking. He needs to take care of the child. And I need to find a new job.

I leave and quickly make my way out the office before anyone notice. "Kayla please clock me out," I whisper.

She nods and gives me a sympathetic smile. Before I leave, I hand her keys.

"Give these to Mr. Graham. I no longer need his handouts," I return the car he bought me.