Chapter 14: Control is key

***Bloom's POV***

It was Monday morning already, but I for once felt alright. Mrs. Stewart passed a worksheet around. "You can start doing your work," she said.

I started on the worksheet she gave us when I felt a guy come in the classroom and hand the teacher a pass. I didn't get to see his face properly because I was still looking down. The guy started to look around in the classroom and when his head landed on a seat in the back corner he threw his hands up in irritation. The teacher then told him to put his hands down and handed him the worksheet.

The guy then continued to look around and walked towards the back. He dumped the bag in the floor and sat right next to me. With a big sigh, he slumped over the desk and started to work. I took a glance at his face and continued with my work. I glanced again and I chuckled; he had a scar in his cheek, just like Will's. 

Wait.

He had a scar on his cheek.

And black with red hair.

"Will?" I exclaimed as I snapped my head to the side. He turned to me and almost fell out of his seat in surprise.

"Bloom!" He exclaimed with just as much surprise.

"Glad to see that the feeling is mutual," I responded. "What are you doing here? I thought you lived in..." I looked around to check if there was anybody listening to us and leant in to his ear. "Red fountain," I whispered.

"Well yeah, but I only go on certain days and times. Many of us live here in Gardenia, actually, but I didn't expect you to live in this specific area," he said. He then whispered in my ear. "Then again, this city is where the major population of magical creatures live so..."

"Yeah..." I responded.

"Will and Bloom, can you stop whispering to each other? You can talk any other time," the teacher said, bringing all of the students' attention to us.

"Sorry Mrs. Stewart, it won't happen again..." we both said simultaneously and brought our heads down while slumping in our seats. I was glad to see that I wasn't the only one who wanted to disappear under the harsh glares of these people.

***

"So I heard you had a chat with Will today, what happened?" Sky asked me and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"How did you know what happened in history?" I asked.

"I happen to know people... who know people... who gossip... a lot," he responded with a toothy grin.

"Sure, whatever. But yes, we've met before but I never noticed he went to our school."

"How can you miss a 6 foot tall guy that just happens to have a scar in his cheek and is in your history class?" he snickered.

"I don't know, I just did."

"So how did you meet?" he asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to not find out," I said as I curved to the side and entered the classroom. I didn't give him the chance to beg me for the answer.

"So I see we have been replaced by a certain Blondie... humph," Stella huffed as I sat next to her.

"Stella, come on. You know you're irreplaceable, all of you are," I replied. She turned to me with her arms still crossed.

"Says who?" she questioned, lifting an eyebrow.

"Beyonce," I replied with a grin. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and looked up to the ceiling, lost in thought. When she finally took the joke, she playfully shoved my shoulder.