Chapter 26: Welcome back

• Dedicated to my amazing bff

***Bloom's POV***

I felt awfully stiff; this bed was too deformed and muscular. Groaning, I shifted myself, subconsciously bringing my knee up. Surely my bed didn't just groan, right?  

Unless... I gasped. Sky!

I jerked out of my position, accidentally kicking him in the groin once again. This time he jerked forward and put his hands around his crotch. "Ooh my goodness..." he groaned loudly as he curved forward to a sitting position.

I scrambled and kneeled next to him. He supported himself with his right hand and looked at me incredulously "Lately, people have a thing with kneeling me in the crotch. Ouhhhhh..." he moaned.

"Oh my gosh Sky I'm so sorry! Umm c'mon let's get to the river," I said.

"What for?" he asked.

"Well, we have no ice so ice cold water is the closest we can get," I explained, hauling myself up and offering my hand. Ignoring my hand, Sky stood up from the floor and walked to the river.

"I'll go eat breakfast while you ice your... yeah," I said, turning to where the fire was. I grabbed the first aid kit (we had emptied the contents out into our backpacks and used the little plastic case as a bowl to store food) and ate some berries. They weren't very good, but I had to deal with it; it wasn't like I had much to pick from.

I sat on the floor and crossed my legs Indian style. I looked to the side where sky looked very pained. "Having fun there Sky?" I asked him as I plopped another berry to my mouth.

He crossed his arms shivered. "I-it's ev-ven c-colder th-than yesterday," he shuddered. "C-can you get me my c-c-clothes?" he trembled, pointing towards the pile of clothes on top of his backpack.

"Sure," I said and stood up from my position on the floor. I took the clothes from his backpack and walked to the shore. He shook his head from the excess water and started to walk towards the shore.

I had to look away, so I crossed my arms over my chest and became suddenly very interested in a tree that was by my side. "Hey Sky, look at that tree, it sure looks like a hundred years old..." I said and did the mistake of looking at him. I gulped; he had his back to me, but he only had his boxers on.

I am screwed.

"I'm sorry, what'd you say?" he said, turning around as he buckled his pants.

"Nothing, it was just a very beautiful but-tree. A very beautiful tree," I said and fought the urge to blush when I realized I was about to say butt.

"Okay then," he said as he grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head. "Well, my 'icing' is done so I'll just sit down and wait for the councilor to pick us," he said as he sat down on the floor.

After a while on silence that consisted of us looking at the surrounding nature, Sky looked down at me. "I'm glad that you healed nicely," he said, looking at my right arm.

"huh?" I asked in response. I looked down at my arm where the scar of the once burned flesh was. "Oh. The burns. Yeah, it was getting annoying," I said.

"They're cool now, though. You look tougher than usual. You even have a tiny scar on your cheek, just like that Will guy," he said, lifting his fingers and gently grazing it over the scar.

I opened my mouth to respond but another voice interrupted us. "Whoa! Nice job kids! You really know how to survive here, eh? What? Were you planning on moving here or something?" a councilor said as he stepped over our wooden stake fence.

We both looked at him as he motioned us to follow him. "Time to go back to camp. I'll help you clean up around here," he said as he closed the first aid kit with the food we had prepared. "First aid kit bowls, smart," he said as he put them inside the backpacks.