Chapter 21: A short nap

***Bloom's POV***

"All campers report to the courtyard in 15 minutes!" the outside speakers blared.

I took my clothes and went to the bathroom to get changed, but noticed I left my shirt behind. I opened the door a crack and poked my head out. "Hey Sky..."I said but stopped when I saw him facing his closet, shirtless and in his boxers...

"Yea?" he turned around to face me. I only stared and when he noticed why I wasn't saying anything, he jerked up and ran to put his shorts on.

"Sorry..." he said while scratching the back of his neck bashfully.

"It's... okay. Ummm, can you pass me a shirt? I forgot to grab one," I asked him.

"Sure," he said while turning to my closet and taking a t-shirt out. I stuck my hand out of the crack and he handed it to me. I went to close the door, but opened it again and stuck my head out. "Oh, and put on a shirt yourself, Kay?" I said, clapping his chest with my hand and closing the door. I put the shirt on and brushed my hair, pulling it into a loose ponytail. When I went out of the bathroom, Sky had a shirt on and was sitting on the bed, waiting for me.

"Nice shorts," he whistled. I rolled my eyes. "C'mon Mr. Player, we're going to be late for whatever it is they're planning for us," I said while reaching my bedside table to grab my cabin keys. He stood up and grabbed his keys as well. We walked to the courtyard and waited until everyone settled around.

"It's Monday and we're halfway through. Good job everyone," the camp counselor said and everyone started to clap along with her. "Don't worry, we're going to give wilderness survival a little rest. Take the day off, but take care," the camp counselor said, dismissing us.

Sky and I turned around to walk but stopped when a high pitched voice interrupted us. We turned around. "Hey Sky!" the voice said and Mitzy came running towards him. My lip curled up in disgust. Sky looked back and forwards towards me and Mitzy and widened his eyes, aware of what could happen.

"Umm... hi Mitzy," he said, giving her a small wave.

"Hey Sky. I haven't seen you in a while," She flirted but while eyeing me with disgust. "I haven't seen you since the party, remember it? That was so much fun," she said in a husky voice, "I hope we can repeat it," She said. She turned to me and sneered. "Yikes, you're stuck with that. Good luck," she said, pointing a finger at me. She gave me a smug smile and walked away with a hand on her hip, satisfied with what she had done.

An awkward silence filled the air and Sky looked down at the floor. "That was weird... I'm going to head back to the cabin, I'm kind of sleepy," I told Sky, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah, I'll go with you," he said, turning to walk beside me with his hands inside his pockets. My stomach churned every time I thought about Sky with Mitzy. It was sickening. My stomach kept churning. 

***********

I walked out of the bathroom with my pajamas on, ready to go to bed. Sky was on his bed with his hands behind his head while looking up to the ceiling. I walked over to my bed and got it, trying to accommodate myself in a comfortable position. I tossed and turned, but nothing seemed comfortable; there was something missing. The bed was all cold and there was no comfortable position for me to fall asleep well. I sighed and turned to my right, where sky was in the same position but with his eyes closed.

"Sky?" I whispered. He opened his eyes and turned to look at me. "Yea?" he asked.

A sudden burst of confidence filled me, and I asked the impossible. "Can you um... sleep with me...? I can't sleep... Mitzy's presence ruined my mood," I whispered to him, looking down and turning away from him. There was no answer, but I felt the bed dip a bit and an arm was snaked around my waist, pulling me into a warm torso.

"Yeah sure, I don't mind," he whispered and I sighed in relief, reaching towards the lamp on the bedside table and turning it off.

I snuggled comfortably into his torso and pulled away into a deep sleep.