Chapter 1: First day of school

There was debris everywhere, Innocent students on the ground and unaware of what's happening.

Fourteen students still conscious, though injured, but fighting a fight that didn't belong to them.

I close my eyes and concentrate. Daphne said that I had to be strong to pass the test of courage and get my reward. My breathing was ragged as I laid on the floor, a weak Sky trying to reach for me. I slowly stood up in front of the monster that has threatened us all, one that has destroyed us.

But I have had enough.

"Enough," I whispered. I felt Sky try to stop me but not even he could stand up. All of my feelings, riled up over the course of a year, were getting the best of me.

Fire was rising through my legs and wrapping itself on my arms. The fire reached my eyes as I felt it change my eyesight.

"Enough!" I roared and blasted the monster....

************************** 1 YEAR BEFORE.

"Back to school, let me see. Umm locker 17... Locker 17... Aha! Locker 17," I said as I looked between the schedule in my hands and the locker in front of me. Relieved to finally take the weight off my back, I took out all of my books from the huge tote bag and started to put them inside of my locker.

A voice interrupted me from my organization. "Hey Bloom!" I turned around and my best friend Stella was trotting her way towards me, her pretty backpack bouncing behind her. 

"Hi Bloom! What's up?" She said.

"Hi Stella," I responded indifferently.

"Hi Stella?! Well it looks like somebody didn't miss her best friend," She huffed, crossing her arms.

"Stella of course I missed you. I'm just tired. So, where are Flora and the others?" I asked her as I continued to put the books in my locker.

"Maybe they're just hanging around. I don't know, maybe singing, gardening, or setting up the computer lab. Who knows? I haven't seen them since I arrived," She responded, shrugging.

The bell rang. "Shoot, our homeroom is in the other side of the school, see ya there!" she said and gave a small hug before running off.

I stood there staring at my locker while trying to decide which books to take, but my mind was blocked. I looked at my schedule once again and sighed; my first class was calculus. I took the calculus book and notebook and stuffed them in my backpack, closing it afterwards.

I closed my locker door and turned around, flinging my backpack over my shoulder. The hallway was crowded, and I found myself jostling my way through the crowd.

Suddenly, a mass of blonde hair came flying towards me, making me fall flat on the floor. All of my stuff was thrown across the floor and everyone in the hallway seemed to freeze, looking down at the scene.

I groaned at the throbbing pain that formed in my head and I started to pick my stuff up. After I accommodated my stuff, I stood up.

Sky was already up, rubbing his head and standing up from the floor.

"I'm sorry, um..." He said.

"Bloom," I responded.

"Bloom. Sorry Bloom, I didn't see you there," he said.

"It's ok, it was just an accident," I muttered, giving him a tight smile before walking past him.

I walked down the hallway and looked to the sides; people were already whispering and tapping away on their phones. I caught glimpses of their conversations and groaned; they were already talking about me and it was only the first day of school.