Chapter 22: Computers on a date

***Techna's POV***

Both Timmy and I were standing in front of the teacher's desk; I was fidgeting nervously with my hands and chewing on my lip. She had called us this morning to come to school, but no one else was her.

"Are we in trouble?" I blurted.

"No Techna, you're not in trouble. No one is in trouble," she said, making me sigh in relief.

"It's actually for a special project that you two are doing," she said, making both of our faces light up.

"Really? Is it an essay about the composition of the computer's memory?" Timmy asked eagerly.

"Or maybe tricks on how to use computer programs?" I said eagerly as well, turning towards Timmy and smiling.

The teacher sighed. "What have you done this spring break?" she asked us. I looked at Timmy and gave him a confused frown, and he did it back at me. "Ummm... homework?" I answered tentatively. "Yeah, me too," Timmy added. The teacher nodded. "I admire your dedication to academia, you two, really. But I care about my students and it's my duty to teach you how to be full individuals... Don't tell anyone, but I'm going to offer you extra credit," she said. Timmy and I inched closer with excitement. "Do something fun together, sans the computers! and bring me some proof back. I need you to be humans, not computers, okay? That's it. You may go," She said, handing us our papers and sitting back down on her desk. Timmy and I took the papers and without any words, we left the classroom.

"That's... an odd assignment," Timmy said when he closed the classroom door behind him. "She's always been so warm and welcoming with us, but I didn't expect that," I agreed.

Timmy scoffed. "Sorry for not being interested in sex, alcohol and drugs, Miss Mosley. That's what everyone around me talks about..." he muttered, shoving his hands inside his pocket.

"I would not want to live your life," I responded, wrinkling my nose in disgust.

He shrugged. "I just ignore them and use my computer. I'll just tune into the conversation every once in a while. What about you?" he asked, turning towards me.

"I don't know; I talk with my friends about random stuff and if not, I use my phone," I said, taking my phone out of my purse and shaking it in my hand before stuffing it back inside.

"Yeah, I guess the teacher is right about us. We're basically robots," he scoffed, opening the door and stepping aside. "Thank you," I responded while stepping out the door. Timmy followed behind me. He walked beside me until the entrance of the parking lot. He stopped, but I kept going.

"Hey, where are you going?" Timmy asked. I turned around. "Home..." I responded.

"Walking? Come on, I'll give you a ride," he said, gesturing me to follow him. Hesitantly, I started walking behind him. We arrived at the parking lot, where there were only two cars parked. Timmy kept walking towards a black truck and my eyebrows quirked involuntarily. "I never thought you were the fancy car type of guy. I always thought you had a small little nerdy car, "I joked, getting inside the passenger seat.

He rolled his eyes. "My friend, that's called a stereotype," he said while closing the passenger door on me before skirting around the hood and getting in the driver's seat.

"No but seriously, this is a car I would imagine Tyson or even Brandon having," I said, looking around the spacy truck.

"Yeah, the guys gave it to me on my 17th birthday, saying something about how 'a man should have a manly car'," he said, puffing out his chest and talking in a mocking deep voice. I laughed out loud.