Chapter 48: Homecoming, part two

***Bloom's P.O.V.***

Sky and I were laughing as he told me the horror stories he went through with Mitzy. 

"It was like torture! I felt like the toys in Toy Story three, and she was the preschool kids," he kept ranting in awe. I was wiping the tears of laughter. "No way," I responded, "I knew you looked sad but you walked in hand in hand with her every day!"

He stopped laughing and looked at me. "I know. The guilt and the shock of what I found out with you left me feeling defeated and unresponsive for a while... but at least her annoying force pushed me around from place to place, you know? But I'm glad that's over. I want to go into that ballroom with you, not her," he said.

I gasped. "Gosh no, she'll kill me. Besides, you're wearing matching outfits with her," I exclaimed. He looked me up and down to examine my dress. He smiled. "And ours compliment each other. I think it's perfect," he grinned.

I chuckled and shoved his shoulder. "Wait. Lemme get something straight. So back then when you took me to that spring festival..." 

"Uhuh?" "You were actively trying to hide your connection with Eraklyon... but you brought me to a festival modeled after your neighbor kingdom?" I questioned with a smile. He threw his hands in the air. "I really didn't think someone with no knowledge would suspect anything! Although, thinking back on it, that must've been very awkward for you. Gosh, I'm so sorry. No wonder you were so tense that day," he apologized. "We were both dense fools," I giggled. "Oh, and back when I met you... you were holding a book about your planet. If you're from there, then why?" I brought up.

Sky shrugged. "I miss it sometimes, you know? I become so involved with my School work and my Red Fountain training that I barely get to go home. Sometimes just looking at humans' funny interpretations of it is enough to get me to laugh and relax..." he trailed off. I stared at his peaceful face for a couple of seconds before he turned to me and we found ourselves close to each other. We both coughed and turned away before he started getting up from the pool side. He offered his hand and helped me get up too. "Let's go," he said with a soft smile. I took his hand after putting on my shoes. "Don't ever let me go. She might attack if you leave me alone for just a second," I stated.

"It doesn't sound like a tedious task for me. I'd be glad to hold your hand, Bloom," he responded as he swung our joined hands. Then it occurred to me that we were about to make a public statement. I stopped in the middle of the hallway. He turned around and looked at me. "Wait," I said, "before we walk in there holding hands... what are we? I thought we were friends but you just openly stated you wanted me to be your date. So what are we?" I asked him with sincerity.

"Anything you want us to be," he responded. I nodded and cleared my throat. "Oh, okay. Well, can we at least assume that we're no longer in the 'just friends' stage?"

"Definitely. We don't need to rush things anyways," he said and I nodded in agreement before resuming our walk to the ballroom. As soon as we walked in he led me to the dance floor, where I spotted Stella freaking out and smacking Musa from the corner of my eye. I chuckled and kept dancing with Sky, something I would not have imagined myself doing a few hours before. I didn't complain, though. I had his brilliant smile to look up to. I smiled back at him. "Why the grin?" I asked him with my own smile.

"Because I'm dancing with you, and you look gorgeous, and I can't believe you didn't dump my behind when you found out I got mad at you for no reason," he said in response. I shook my head with a smile and he took that opportunity to kiss the top of my head. 

"Now," a voice from the stage interrupted, "it's time to crown homecoming king and queen," the homecoming committee president announced.

***Mitzy's P.O.V.***