Chapter 3: wasteland or home?

I opened my eyes and an odd feeling of satisfaction took over me. I stood up from my bed and smiled. Maybe this of being a princess wasn't so bad after all. I turned on the shower and stepped in, letting the hot water wash over me. I washed my hair with my favorite shampoo and laughed. Ironically, it was called blooming roses and Flora bought for me.

I stepped out of the shower and dressed myself. Surprisingly, I felt like smiling at my reflection.

I went downstairs and sat down on a stool, taking a bagel from the plate and munching hapily on it. The door burst open and Stella came in, ready to scream. She saw me eating in the kitchen and grinned, coming towards me.

"Hey girl. I called yesterday like at eight to see if you were home, but your parents said you hadn't arrived yet," she said, sitting down on the stool across me.

I stopped eating and gulped, looking back at Stella with wide eyes. "I studied until eight?"I exclaimed.

"Yeah you did. You better have done that homework perfectly, because it costed me a shopping buddy," Stella said, wiggling a finger at me. I nodded at her and finished eating my bagel, standing up from the stool. I grabbed my backpack and walked to the front door, Stella following behind me. When I opened the door, it was pouring; I couldn't even see my mom's car parked out front.

"Ugh, I hate rain. I wish I could clear it away..." she groaned, mumbling bitterly the last part.

"I know, we all do," I replied. Even thought the sunlight fairies can... I thought while we waited for the rain to slow down.

***********

Perfect! Thank you flooding bathroom! I celebrated internally while running into the library. I pushed the door open when a voice stopped me. "Bloom! Can you be my shopping buddy today? We don't have homework," Stella asked.

"Sorry, I'll be your shopping buddy on Saturday. I really got to do something," I responded and gave her an apologetic smile before going inside and making a beeline towards the secret vault. I made a sharp turn to the secret vault when I crashed into somebody's back, making the both of us fall on the floor. "Oh my gosh are you ok? I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, looking up to see Sky rubbing his head next to me on the floor.

"It's okay. I guess we both have a tendency to crash into each other," he chuckled. I reached forward to the book he was reading and pulled it towards me. I blinked as I stared at the title: Eraklion.

It's the planet next to Domino...

I did a double take when, suddenly, the book was being ripped off of my hands. "Bye," he said firmly, standing up and burrying the book in his backpack. He closed it and stalked off the secret vault. I blinked at the vacant place Sky had left and tilted my head in confusion. "The heck..." I whispered to myself. I composed myself and stood up, taking the book from where I had left it. I touched the flaming hand, the ribbon wrapping itself around me and transporting me to the lake again.

The little golden balls appeared again and morphed together until Daphne appeared. "Hi Daphne," I greeted, walking over to the shore.

"Hi Bloom. Are you ready?" She asked.

"Yeah I am, but I have a question. I saw Sky, a very popular guy at my school, in the secret vault at the library and he was reading about our neighboring planet, Eraklion. Do you know, by any chance, what's happening?" I asked her.

"Hmm... it appears that he knows about the magical universe, or at least believes," she said, floating over to me. "I remember that the king of Eraklion and dad had an alliance. The king was supposed to take care of Domino while dad was fighting. The witches blackmailed him and told him that they would destroy his whole kingdom if he didn't let them attack Domino. He had no choice but to say yes. So he feels like a traitor and now everybody from his household is not allowed to even meet anyone in the household of Domino. He doesn't want to do anything with it..." she said. "Coincidentally, today's training has to do with this story. You will see what happened to Domino. Close your eyes," she said, putting the golden mask in my face again.