Chapter 2: I am Daphne

Bloom's P.O.V.

"Bloom, Bloom, follow my voice," The calm, ghostly voice said. It was a far away sound, as if it was carried by the wind.

"Who is it? Who's calling me?" I responded in a shaky voice.

"Come to me," The voice responded, ignoring my questions.

I let the keys on the table and started to walk slowly towards the voice, hesitant and uncertain.

"Follow my voice," The voice whispered again as I continued my path towards it.

I followed it, my stance relaxing as I took every step. I don't know why, but it seemed like every time I got closer, the voice got softer; it was enticing me towards it. I kept walking until I finally stopped at the "secret vault"; it was known for holding many books about fantasy, the magic realm, and others related. I looked around to see if I saw anything, or anyone. "Touch the flaming hand Bloom," she spoke.

Hesitantly, I reached over to touch it when I heard something fall. I turned around; A book had fallen on the floor. It was titled: Domino, the lost kingdom.

Sparks... I pursed my lips and blinked at the book; something was gnawing at the back of my mind, but I just couldn't put a finger on it.

I opened the book; suddenly a ghostly woman came out of it. She looked young and had golden skin, almost bronze. She wore a mask in her face that extended on each side like a pair of wings and a long gold silky dress with golden drapes wrapped around her arm. 

"Hello Bloom, nice to see you again," She said.

Startled, I broke off my trance and narrowed my eyes at her. "What do you mean by again? Who are you?" I asked her.

"Find yourself and you will find me," She responded.

She stuck her hand out and pointed at the book "Find yourself and you will find me," she repeated. "Read the book."

I opened the book and started reading. Everything seemed boring, uninteresting until I stopped at one specific page that caught my attention. It was the king and queen of Domino with a little girl.

"Hey that kinda looks like you," I mentioned to her with a smile; she nodded in return. I continued ahead until I saw three witches and then I saw her again, holding a baby this time.I lifted my gaze from the book "Okay, so you're the princess of this place. What? You want me to help you find your way home or something?" I asked.

She shook her head as if she was teaching a young child. "You don't get it, Bloom. You are the princess of Domino. You are that baby. I'm the former princess." 

I stared at her, speechless, as she kept speaking. "I was going to rule Domino until the Ancestral Witches came and used my own powers against me. Now look where I stand," She said, taking a step back and spreading her ghostly arms.

"What...?" I looked at the picture. "My goodness... That means those are my parents!" I gasped, letting the book go and bringing my hands to my mouth while the book fell to the floor.

"Yes, those are Our parents. I am your sister, Daphne," She said with a soft smile.

"I had a sister all this time... Why did you tell me now?" I asked, startled.

"Because now you're ready," She answered.

"Ready for what?" I asked.

"Your inner winx. Let me explain. Do you know about the Dragon's flame?" She asked me. I nodded.

"That dragon was settled on Domino... until the witches came seeking its power. They destroyed it along with many people who they turned to solid stone, including our parents. But you survived, so I was told to guard the Dragon's flame, and I hid it in you," she told me.