Chapter 50: The Trix attack

I stared up as the specialists zoomed to the roof and joined the girls in counterattacking the Trix. I looked back down and Sky smirked at me. "I caught you just in time, you were falling at a pretty-" he noticed my newly transformed body and stared me up and down, "fast...rate."

I giggled and kissed his cheek. "My eyes are up here. I know there's a lot of bare skin, but I can't say it doesn't help me fight," I said. He smiled. "Show me everything your sister has taught you," he said before throwing me into the air. I went up and floated in place with my newly acquired wings. "Well, Daphne... and Red Fountain," I added with a wink before zooming up to the roof. I left him with a shocked expression and yelling "What!" after me, but I was decided on beating these witches.

His words reminded me of everything I had gone through to get to this point. This wasn't a test. This was the real deal. I didn't go to the hospital thrice, suffer first degree burns, assaults, and heartache to fail. I'd never felt as ready as I did in that moment. My mind went back to the lesson  at the volcano:

Fight fire with fire. Use their power against them.

Darcy was surrounding Musa and had her trapped in the middle of a spell, but before she could hurt her I stood my ground and extended my palms. I took in a deep breath and concentrated all my power on my palms; soon, the dark spell pulled away from Musa and got sucked into me instead. The sharp pain did not bother me anymore. "I've been through worse," I groaned and directed my palms towards Darcy. Her shocked expression froze her, and it made her a secure target for me. I knocked her to the floor with her own power and panted. Musa was shocked as well but she didn't have time to react. Darcy wouldn't give up, so she tried swinging her leg and kicking Musa down but she jumped in the air and resumed fighting her.

I glanced towards the floor and saw Will and Mirta run towards the battle scene, but I stopped them before they did anything. "Guys! there's people inside! We need help there!" I exclaimed. They looked at me and nodded before going inside to help the people in there. I was finally calm enough to re enter the fight.

I joined Stella once more in fighting against Icy. It was clear Stella had experience fighting with magic before. It was impressive how she dodged Icy's powerful attacks and managed to get some of her own in. I was her compliment at this point, but I felt great nonetheless. I was part of something. Soon, Nabu hover-boarded to my side with a defiant smile. "Need some help here?" he asked as he shielded us from an icy blast. 

"Yes! Hand me a sword!" I exclaimed as I retaliated with my own fiery cannon. Both Stella and Nabu seemed confused. "A sword?" they both questioned. I didn't have time to explain, so I grabbed a handle from his tool belt and pulled out a sword. I pointed it forward and cut Icy's new attack. As expected, it didn't hit me but instead divided and kept raging on at either side of me. Stella gasped. "How'd you do that!" she exclaimed. Icy caught on to my trick and instantly reaped a spear made out of ice with a scowl. I got into a defensive position. "Red Fountain. Agh!" I groaned as Icy charged at me with brutal force. Our weapons clashed.

I panted heavily. "You're not getting your way with me...-" she swung from another angle but I blocked her, "Urgh! Every attack just makes me stronger! ugh!" I groaned.

Icy pushed down on me with her spear. "I'm inches away from getting your power," she claimed, looking straight at my necklace. She reached for it but I screeched and let myself fall to the floor with a painful thud. Nabu wedged his own weapon between Icy and me. "No way, witch. I'm not letting you hurt her," he said, "get away Bloom!" 

I scurried away to get some distance between Icy and me, when I heard Techna cry out. Stormy had gotten the best of her and intercepted with her technology. She was kneeling on the floor in pain. I ran to her and blasted at Stormy with all my might, but she glared at me. "You're not the only one who can reverse an attack, Pixy!" she exclaimed before sending my fire back at me. Flashbacks from my training came back, and I resolved to never let myself get burnt again. I was prepared for this. I backflipped and crouched out of the blast's way, but it hit a nearby tree instead. It burst into flames and I gasped. "Timmy! Call 911! We can't let that fire reach the injured humans!" I exclaimed, and Timmy immediately hovered down to the ground.

"This is wild. This is getting out of hand," I panted as I looked around. I was thankful the guys came in our aid. I took a deep breath as my friends started to overwhelm the witches. I was still overwhelmed by this sudden change of events. 

Suddenly, Darcy took off into the air and chanted an ominous spell. Her eyes glowed and everyone stopped to stare at her. Dread settled into the pit of my stomach and it told me this was not good. As expected, dozens of clones came out of her and I covered my mouth. Everyone was shocked as more and more replicate witches stormed the roof. Soon, they were overwhelming everyone, and tears welled up in my eyes. My friends were falling one by one and I feel to my knees in despair. The clones were raging my way but I could only focus on my injured and tired friends. This was all my fault. This was not fair to them.

There was debris everywhere, fourteen students still conscious, though injured, but fighting a fight that didn't belong to them.

"Daphne... this is too much. I can't beat them. I can't let my friends get injured because of me," I whimpered.

No, Bloom. This is your test, but you are not alone. You've used your experiences amazingly so far, but you still have one more ace up your sleeve, she responded. I shook my head frantically. "What, Daphne, what!" I yell in desperation.

Me.

And just like the time she took me to my home castle, Daphne's mask appeared before me. I gasped and quickly put it on my face. Her coppery golden glow took over me and lifted me off the ground. Pure power surged through my veins and I remembered what we were capable of together. "You're right, I'll end this right now. I've had enough," I declared.

I closed my eyes and concentrated. Daphne said that I had to be strong to pass the test of courage and get my reward. My breathing was ragged and a weak Sky tried to reach for me. I slowly stood up in front of the monsters that threatened us all.

"I have had enough." 

Sky tried to stop me again but not even he could stand up. All of my feelings, riled up over the course of a year, were getting the best of me.

Fire was rising through my legs and wrapping itself on my arms. The fire reached my eyes and I felt it change my eyesight. I straightened my arms in front of me and split them up to be on either side of me. "Enough! Heart of flame!" I roared and spun as Daphne's power shot out of me in a massive molten blast. I did not have to worry about hurting my friends. They were all on the floor anyways. In a streak of vivid rage I eliminated every clone I set my eyes on, until they were puddles of melted magic on the floor. I strutted towards the three stunned witches with my palm towards them, and I held my wrist with my other hand. 

"Leave. Right now. Or I will melt you three too. Don't ever mess with earth again, cloud tower Trix," I threatened them. 

"You don't scare us-" Stormy started, but Icy put a hand on her shoulder. "Her sister is here. The stupid glow gives her more power than us. Let's go," she hissed between her teeth before flying into the sky. The rest of the sisters glared at me and begrudgingly followed. I watched as they disappeared into the night.

Daphne's power vanished, and I fell to my knees once more.

It's over.