FORTY-THREE

There was another tournament, and Niven participated it in as well with his brothers, but they excluded Grim.

Niven didn't expect for another Ludos so soon since he just had one a few weeks ago, but this one came a little unexpected and his brothers couldn't ignore the school. Apparently, their rivals came from a different class of nobles, almost similar to their own students so they weren't as easy as Decadri Academy.

Niven had hoped this tournament would end fast, but he was wrong when he stumbled upon dozens of other Royals, just waiting for a slim chance on fighting the blond.

Simeon had his arm wrapped around Niven, looking at the rivaling students with a distant expression.

"I-I thought tournaments only happened when there's disagreements between two schools," Niven whispered, almost flinching back at everyone's stares. "Brother, what... is this?"

"Ludos doesn't have to happen when there's disagreements. There can be schools wanting to challenge us, and we're able to accept," Simeon responded flatly, trying to push Niven closer to his side just as they passed by another group of students.

Niven wilted, drawing his gaze to the ground as to not get in eye contact with anyone. These students were powerful. He... already knew he wasn't in the same wavelength as them, but Niven was still scared to go up against any person.

"Why are there so many?"

"They're here for you." Simeon had to glare at another small group of students, forcing them to part to pass through.

Niven curled up a little closer to his brother. "But why?"

Simeon looked down on him, wanting to say something but he couldn't exactly find the right words. The dark haired male didn't have to worry for long though, because the thought quickly hit Niven and made him even more pale.

Due to the fact Niven's existence as a Kingston spread all over the schools, many people were anticipating whether or not the Royals' youngest brother would be able to handle them. Everyone already knew what the other academies were thinking.

If they could manage to beat Niven down then surely, they had a chance taking on Levi and Simeon as well. It wouldn't be long until one of them replaces Niven, actually besting a Kingston, and being crowned as one of the most powerful ability users.

When Simeon and Niven finally made their way through the rivaling schools, they were able to stand on top of the platform, meeting up with Levi.

Their elder brother's reaction wasn't so great. Levi had always looked indifferent, but he protruded such a gloomy aura.

"How many are there?" Simeon quickly asked as soon as they came close to Levi. "I was just informed this is all of the challengers, but there's too many for me to count."

His twin looked across the arena for a second, wanting to get another look of the students before glancing back at Simeon.

"Forty."

"Ah... fuck," Simeon spat out, already agitated with having to deal with that many people. "Should we just let Grim deal with them? I'm sure he'll have a nice time playing with food."

"Sheep... don't eat meat."

"Hush, darling. Let your big brothers speak," Simeon replied instantly. Turning his attention back to Levi, Simeon had a vague idea popping in his mind and hesitated to speak up.

Levi snorted at the student, wanting him to hurry up and say it.

"Would it be better to let Niven fight them?" Simeon murmured. Niven looked up quickly, eyes wide with a bit of fear.