SIXTY-THREE

Although Simeon may have won, that didn't mean he got an award for his efforts.

Niven peered at his brother with a disappointing look. His little brother got up from his seat and walked all the way down to speak to Simeon in another section of the arena. Gabriel wanted to come with him, but the boy made him stay behind and wanted to speak to Simeon alone. He already scolded him for going too far with Grim, but he stopped in the middle of his argument when Niven started coughing.

Grim was nowhere to be found after losing so Niven couldn't ask to check up on him. It almost made the blond feel bad for the beastman since he and Antoinette were thoroughly bruised.

But while Simeon was getting the brunt of the scolding, Arlo was happily licking Niven's hand and even curled himself a little closer to the big until Niven had to push him away to avoid being crushed.

"I know you have a bit of a temper, but did you really have to dangle Grim up in the air every two minutes?" Niven sighed. "Everyone could tell you've won. At least let him have time to breathe."

"I'm sorry. I'll be more careful next time," Simeon said. Niven gave him a bit of a doubtful look, but he sighed in the end and nodded at his brother.

Simeon was relieved the blond was no longer mad at him. Though his attention was taken away when Niven looked back down at the arena, watching Levi and Arien stand across from each other, not saying a word but only assessing one another with heavy gazes.

Niven had to be honest about this. He actually didn't want to see his brother and alpha fighting. He could already tell the platform would be reduced to a mess, if it wasn't already considered as one.

If someone asked him who would win in the last round, Niven wouldn't answer. He'd be somewhat biased and think Levi would come out on top, but Arien had nearly perfected Agustine's Jinx and had no trouble moving about freely whilst Agustine hardly moved a few inches before ending up inconvenienced.

There was also the power to manipulate gravity to Arien's will and Niven couldn't imagine Levi leaving the arena unscathed. All his alpha had to do was force a severe pressure of gravity upon his brother and even Levi might have difficulties with that.

But right now, Levi looked rather indifferent toward the alpha's brooding expression. Niven wondered if his eldest brother planned on using his dominance to subdue Arien, though he had a gut feeling Arien wouldn't be so submissive and end up retaliating further.

"You worried about our brother?" Simeon asked.

"I'm always worried about him."

"I'm sure he'll be fine," the student replied.

Niven gave him a pointed look. "You think Levi will win?"

"I said he'll be fine, not that he'll come out as the victor."

The blond suppressed the urge to roll his eyes at how sarcastic Simeon sounded, but he gave one look over the male and thought to himself for a minute. Simeon quickly noticed Niven getting lost in his own world and had to wave his hand in front of the boy's face several times to get his attention.

"What are you thinking about, sweetheart?"

"I'm thinking about you," Niven absentmindedly responded. Simeon's heart nearly skipped a beat.

"Me?"

Niven looked away and took another glance at the alpha. "If it were you against Arien, wouldn't you win?"

Simeon's smile faltered a little at that, noticing the curiosity in the boy's eyes. He hummed in reply and crossed his arms, also looking down at Arien as he and Levi circled around each other as the bell began its first ding.