TWENTY-FOUR

Niven was grateful for Gabriel bringing him his assignments again. He personally went to Niven's dorm as well, giving a warm smile toward the boy.

Upon the man's arrival, King seemed ecstatic, bringing him in quickly to make Gabriel sit and wait on the couch as he immediately went over to the kitchen. Niven uncomfortably apologized to Gabriel, quietly explaining how King likes making large amounts of food whoever guests come.

He didn't mind, of course. Gabriel replied how he was free for the next few weeks, and he planned on spending all his time with Niven. The blond didn't see a problem with that, calmly agreeing as he took his assignments and began to work on them with Gabriel getting up once in a while to help King while bringing the student some snacks and water.

Gabriel acted like the perfect butler, also having one arm behind his back as he held a tray with his free hand, standing right behind Niven as the blond worked endlessly through the piles of homework. The blue haired man peeked over the student's shoulder a couple of times, noticing how hard Niven was working... even though Niven was also trying his best to multitask to check up on his father's company.

He could tell Niven was slightly struggling, but was impressed how diligently Niven worked even though there were dark bags under the boy's eyes.

Gabriel knew Niven had been groomed from a very young age, having to deal with all of this wasn't such a big problem for the student. But he was still worried, thinking how many hours of sleep Niven lost just because of how hard the blond tried to keep up with his classes while juggling with his father's company.

Niven noticed the man's questioning gaze, but ignored it for the time being. It's always been a chore to have to deal with his father, and with the academy's work piling up, it was getting more difficult for him.

Though, that's when Gabriel swiftly stepped in to help. Niven silently watched, relieved at the sight of the man taking calls in his place while also grabbing another laptop to help Niven. The boy didn't mind, it wasn't as if Gabriel didn't know who his father was, so Gabriel was experienced enough to help the blond with whatever tasks he's been struggling with.

It's been a few hours then, Niven now changed into some comfortable clothing as he watched Gabriel handle the last of his things with ease.

"We should get married," Niven unconsciously blurted out, almost passing out from the exhaustion of today's events.

Gabriel choked on his tea. King irritably looked up at the blue haired man, almost daring him to do that again and spill the drink on the floor. Gabriel quickly stammered out an apology to the penguin, but he nervously glanced at Niven.

"I-I wouldn't mind being... um, m-married! But my master, y-you're still in school and haven't e-even been here for three months! Oh dear, t-this is all happening too fast and I'm merely your butler so i-it wouldn't be possible-"

"You... work really fast," Niven interrupted. "If only you could do this for me everyday... I wouldn't have to worry about losing sleep and stressing out ever again."

"Oh, that's it?" Gabriel deadpanned. "I can do this without you having to marry me."

"Oh, thank goodness," Niven slipped out with a relieved sigh. "You're so cool, Mister Gabriel."

Gabriel was at a loss for words, honestly thinking he was much more than a simple butler. He had many uses, but Niven only cared about how many papers Gabriel could work on.

"Young master, is there anything else I can do to help?"

"No, that will be all. I plan on heading out real quick," Niven replied.