EIGHTY-SIX

Niven was honestly surprised that Remiah allowed him and the others to leave the academy for a few days.

He worried about the other students causing havoc while he and the others weren't around, but the man reassured him several times he and the Silver Guard won't hesitate to instantly detain anyone if they step out of line.

So right now, Niven and the others were nearing the imperial palace. He and Noah took a separate car while the others were riding by themselves. The only ones with the blond right now were the twins and Agustine.

Currently, Niven held the demon's hand and placed nearly all his weight against Agustine to take a small nap. Simeon sat on the opposite side of the boy, his hand protectively gripping Niven's left knee.

In front of them, Noah and Levi made small talk. Mostly Noah though, he kept asking Levi which was the most effective way to make the imperial family dislike him so he wouldn't ever have to interact with those people again.

Levi listed off some things he and Simeon do. The twins never particularly cared about the royals and didn't show their respect to them, but the only one they gave their respect to was the empress.

"You should get ready, sweetheart," Simeon softly informed Niven. "We're almost there."

Niven looked at Simeon, but then turned around and hugged Agustine's arm tighter, ignoring what the male said. Simeon and Agustine shared a look with each other briefly until the demon gently kept nudging Niven awake.

Suddenly, Niven jolted when he felt someone kick his leg. He snapped his attention over to Noah, snorting at the student.

"Rise and shine, my dude."

Niven glanced outside of the window and noticed the view of the imperial palace getting closer until the car fully stopped.

Groggily, he got out with the help of Agustine and stared up at the palace with a blank look.

As much as he loved the family, he couldn't get used to the grandeur of the place and found everything nearly tacky. Though he supposed Noah was getting a kick out of it, watching the male whistle low at the sight.

Niven pointed at the main palace and said, "Look, Noah. That's where your throne is-"

"I'm so close to clapping my hands and making you go deaf."

Niven and the others chuckled at Noah's angry retort. He wanted to apologize, but he heard the other car pull up and looked over his shoulder to see the rest of his classmates exit out.

Along with an extra person.

Noah's irritation died out immediately once he saw the other man accompanying them.

He inched closer to Niven and whispered, "Is this a good idea? Won't he like... I don't know, turn this place upside down and kill someone? I didn't even think he could go out."

The two of them were startled when they felt someone's presence looming behind them.

There was a mirthful giggle and a familiar hum.

"Hehe! Why, Mirren's old man was gracious enough to let me roam outside of the academy! Why shouldn't I have taken his offer? Oh, look! Isn't that your future throne, my boy? Hahaha, I can't wait to check the whole place and turn people into teacups!"

Everyone had been shocked to see Vasili coming along with them.

The Royals and Wolves were incredibly wary as to how the pink haired man was even allowed to step foot outside of the academy since Vasili already had trouble leaving his classroom. The man practically couldn't keep his abilities in check and wreaked havoc inside, so the student council's classes were temporarily closed since the staff had to remodeled that part of the building.