THIRTY-SIX

Niven would've thought his brothers were angry about him defending the other school, but it seems like the two of them completely discarded that topic and went on as if it never happened.

But of course, Niven couldn't exactly let it go and questioned the roles Levi and Simeon had as Royals. The blond was curious as to why Luke Bastilian wanted to defend his Royals ferociously.

Simeon waved it off, telling his little brother not to worry about anything and simply gave him a comforting smile. Though Niven continued to purposely bug the two of them, appearing to be very annoying until Levi silently shushed the student before giving a helpless look over to his twin.

According to Simeon, every school has Royals who protect them from outside threats which could disrupt their hierarchy. The reason why Levi and Simeon's roles were so important was because if they were bested and beaten, other schools had the chance to viciously attack Kingston Academy and take over. And since this academy was ranked the king amongst every other school, no one would be safe if thousands of student came after them without the protection of Levi and Simeon.

Of course, Arien and the Wolves would step in to defend them, but the alpha couldn't do it forever. Who knows just how many schools were out there, waiting and watching for the downfall of the twins? And since Agustine's abilities were highly corrupt, along with Mirren's lack of attention and energy to go against their opponents, Arien and Silas wouldn't be able to handle fighting their rivals every month.

Niven was stunned when Simeon explained it. He looked up at his brothers, never really realizing just how vital their positions were. He only thought the two of them messed around and hardly cared about the academy's students, but it seems that wasn't the case.

Simeon was a little paranoid in keeping his brothers safe, going as afar as to cripple other students who might become a problem in the future. What that student said from the arena about Niven being cooped up in the duchy was true, his little brother had never been in a real fight before. Niven wouldn't be able to handle going against every school if he and Levi were bested... but Simeon knew all too well Niven would come out just fine. The blond always did no matter what situation he was placed in.

The next day, Niven was surrounded with his pack mates inside Arien's office. Mirren was the first to congratulate him, giving him a small gift which contained a new earring for the blond to wear. All these months in staying at the academy, the brunet only ever saw Niven wear one earring every day. Mirren thought it was time to change it.

Niven was happy to receive it, quietly thanking the brunet before Agustine shyly stepped up to pat the student on the back. He hesitantly gave out his own gift, somewhat guilty since it ended up being a little crumpled and ruined. His ability really couldn't give him a break.

Of course, Niven didn't mind and was ecstatic to see it was the latest volume of their favorite comic series. Happily taking it, Niven ranted on about how Agustine was able to get his hands on it since Niven couldn't find it anywhere!

But Silas and Arien caught his attention, gently congratulating him for his first participation in Ludos. Silas was generous enough to share his desserts, claiming he made them specifically for the blond. It was considered such a high honor that Niven couldn't help but to send a helpless look over to his alpha, who gave a rough smile and only shook his head.

For the first time in a while, there was a peaceful atmosphere between the five of them. The Wolves silently watched as Niven happily gushed over the gifts, but the blond didn't notice and merely kept on ranting to Agustine about how cool he was. The student flushed under his jackal mask, still not accustomed to the attention Niven gave him, but he almost preened afterwards.