THIRTEEN

Spending the weekend with Mirren wasn't so bad, it was pretty fun in fact. They messed around in the brunet's dorm room, though Niven usually spent his time on the couch and read a book while Mirren ranted on and on about several video games as he laid down on Niven's stomach, murmuring incoherently.

There were times the brunet looked at Niven secretly, glancing away just in time before the blond could notice. Mirren thought to himself how spending time with Niven was actually nice, and he didn't have to be alone much of the time. Being with other students was a chore and it wasn't like they actually liked being with Mirren, considering how he used his ability to charm them. So being with Niven was a nice change, and he really liked staying with him.

When Monday rolled around, King prepared another healthy breakfast for Niven. He even prepared a small bag for lunchtime, which Niven was happy about. There were several fruits inside the penguin added in just in case Niven bumped into Agustine again. King listened to the blond talk about the jackal masked student several times, and although he didn't really understand why Niven was so hung up on him, he figured the male was planning to spend his lunchtime with the other council member so the penguin made sure to pack just enough for the two of them.

When Niven walked out of the dorm building, he wasn't fazed by the sight of Mirren waiting for him anymore. He's gotten used to seeing the brunet everyday, so they walked to the academy together as usual, making small talks here and there while Mirren kept his hold on Niven's hand.

There was another thing Niven noticed about the male, and that he was particularly affectionate whether or not Mirren noticed. He always seemed to be touching him, constantly holding his waist or his arm. He'd even pull Niven closer when they pass several students, like Mirren didn't want his attention to drift away or if he somehow gets lost throughout the crowds of males in the hallways.

But Niven didn't mind, he supposed it was one of Mirren's odd ways of showing endearment.

The classes went by, and Mirren acted all the same with everyone and the teachers. Though a few things were different. Niven stepped a bit out of his comfort zone and talked amongst with the students who didn't exactly understand the lessons. Some of them were high-tier and were reluctant to listen at first, but Niven made the materials seem easy.

The blond noticed them looking vaguely interested, so he decided to make up a few exercises for them to do. The students were pleasantly surprised when they found out they did the exercises correctly, and so they hesitantly asked for more help with the homework. Niven didn't mind, he pointed out several things and gave each other them some of his notes.

"My handwriting's a bit messy... I-I have a bad habit of scribbling the lessons down in a h-hurry," the blond shyly stated.

One of the high-tiers just waved it off. "It's cool, I can still read it clearly. Thanks for the help, man. You should probably work on your own stuff though, the class period is running out of time."

"Oh, t-that's okay... I finished it awhile back. D-Does anyone else need help? I've got plenty of time?"

"Seriously? You're so cool, listen, can you give us a review on-"

Yeah, that's how the day went.

Niven managed to get on more than half of his classmates' good graces. It wasn't just the powerful students who seemed to stick around him, the low-tiered males wanted to interact with the blond as well. They noticed how smart Niven was in several classes, but seeing as how Mirren always kept the boy to his side, they didn't dare to get close and resorted into taking in their own small groups. But Niven didn't mind speaking with them, he taught them all the same.