FIFTY-FIVE

Vasili found the whole thing strange.

Now, he's seen a good portion of the weirdest things in his life and he even made them himself, but it was truly odd seeing Niven following around the crown princess in a daze.

He supposed since the two of them were childhood that it wasn't really peculiar how close they were, but something seemed to be a bit disturbing on how Niven obsessively kept the girl close to his side. The boy had never acted that way toward Vasili during the time he drank the love potion.

At the time, Niven was clingy and couldn't go a minute without seeing Vasili, but the blond made sure to keep an appropriate distance since the man was busy working out his Paradox Inducement to create the strangest of things. He was very obedient and could only sit tight whilst Vasili attended to other matters, but this side of Niven wasn't anything like the man had seen before.

He already heard how Niven loved the girl, but he naively thought he'd look at her the same way he did when he was with Vasili.

His professor was wrong. Niven's love for her was different. There seemed to be some sort of distance between Niven and Roselia, and even though the boy claims to cherish her, it was like he didn't really mean it. He only seemed to want to follow her words and acted as a close friend instead.

Did Niven even love her?

Vasili hummed with some frustration, "What is it, what is it, what is it...." He couldn't understand anything at all.

But the most he didn't understand was why he himself was getting irritated over this. Vasili hardly cared about anything else other than himself and his creations though seeing Roselia happily tugging Niven around left a bitter taste in his mouth and he couldn't really concentrate on anything.

Thinking about her again made the origami in Vasili's hands crumple up. The man blinked, slowly realizing what he did before he threw the paper away with some force and a glare.

"Fuck me... what the hell is this?" Vasili hissed out. "I'm so jealous... what the fuck?"

Vasili was always an obsessive man, always wanting to possess certain objects without wanting anyone else to have it. And if he couldn't have that then he'd make sure no one else could because he wouldn't be able to stand the sight of seeing someone so happy having that object.

His latest obsession was Niven because he couldn't figure out a damn thing about that boy's abilities. He already knew Magic was one of his powers, but it was weak and couldn't compare to the twins at all. So Vasili mulled over what other things Niven could do since he obviously wasn't a normal ability-user. He was able to nullify Silas and Agustine's corrupted abilities completely and had survived through dangerous situations.

Vasili would do just about anything to know more about Niven because he had a feeling the boy's abilities may be a be more special than his brothers. And he likes special toys.

But that damned princess came and already knows so much about Niven. It really made Vasili ticked off. The man even destroyed nearly half of his classroom with all sorts of weird contraptions and dark energy floating around.

Vasili only huffed in the end and angrily tinkered away by creating origami, hoping he could distract himself. He had the vaguest idea of separating those two, not wanting her to get close to him due to his own jealousy.

For now, the man lowly hummed a strange and out of beat tune inside the empty classroom, ignoring how the chaos grew even worse.

Though Vasili didn't have to worry about the two of them for too long. As of now, Roselia began to have an argument with the boy.