SEVENTY-NINE

"Baby... please, say something to me. I'm begging you to look at me!"

Niven sighed, "Yes?"

Mirren suddenly grasped onto his hands tightly and pulled him a little closer.

"You know I don't care for those students anymore, right? I only want to be around you! I promise, I don't sleep around anymore. If anyone's giving you trouble then just go ahead and tell me!"

Niven had to timidly push his hands away, but Mirren desperately kept clutching onto them no matter how many times he pulled away.

The blond gave him a forced smile. "You're still worried about that?"

As of now, the two of them were inside the classroom. The other students had grown wary of Mirren and tried avoiding Niven as much as they could since there seemed to be a weird atmosphere around those two, especially with Agustine hovering over them and wanting to hog Niven all to himself.

How could anyone not know what was going on? This was basically a lover's quarrel.

Although they didn't understand what was going on, the students were smart enough not to butt in and huddled together in corners, not wanting to disturb them. Even Mr. Abberline had left the room, not wanting to intrude.

Mirren pleaded more firmly, "What's wrong? What did I do? I promise I'll make it up to you!"

Niven's smile turned a little bitter as he tried to ignore the migraine. It was bad enough he could hardly walk to class without blacking out, but now Mirren and Agustine kept bothering him.

The boy wished for some time to himself and thought Agustine would at least understand, but the demon kept popping around his shoulders, pressing himself as close to Niven as possible.

That's when Niven distanced himself from Agustine.

"Don't come near me," he ordered. "Stay away."

He didn't need Agustine's Jinx flying out of hand. It was already a miracle nothing bad happened since Agustine had grown used to suppressing the bad karma, but Niven still couldn't be too sure about having him around.

It'd be bad if Agustine got in trouble for his ability growing out of proportion. Niven didn't want that to happen.

Before Niven could explain to his pack mates what happened with his ability, the two of them immediately misunderstood his words.

That statement made Mirren halt. He's never heard of Niven speaking that way to the demon before and Agustine had grown so shocked that he paled underneath his mask.

What did he do? How did he upset Niven—

He tends to get bored with the same old thing if used frequently.

Agustine inhaled a sharp breath. His complexion had grown worse underneath his mask.

Was Niven bored of him now? Was he not as interesting as before? What changed?

"What's wrong?" Mirren asked. "What did we do-"

"Could you stop talking for a moment?" Niven hissed. His migraines were getting worse and he didn't need Mirren adding onto it.

The beastman was taken aback and gripped onto the student tighter, afraid Niven would suddenly try to leave again.

Mirren cautiously tried again, "Niven?"

The male scowled and finally shoved Mirren's hands away. Niven brought his wrists up to his chest and almost groaned at how tight the brunet was holding onto him.