FIFTY-SEVEN

Things returned to normal after the family event ended. Dahlia also returned home not too long after and simply told the boy to come home whenever he could to see his mother and bid the Wolves farewell.

But she had a great time with Niven's pack mates and spent hours gushing over how handsome they were. She even pinched Mirren's cheeks from time to time whenever the brunet flirted with her.

She especially doted on Agustine the most and finally offered the bunny mask to the silent student. Seeing a new mask, Agustine was mostly happy and somewhat shy to accept, but now the demon couldn't stop wearing it.

He usually wore black or white colored masks, but this one was completely pink and had hems embedded underneath its eyes and had striking features. Agustine was pretty happy with it.

Though it nearly frightened everyone why there was a male walking around with a bunny mask until they realized Agustine changed up his look once again. It soon became the new normal.

But after Dahlia left, the Wolves thought they might have a chance to spend their time with Niven like before until they saw how he was a little distant. Niven kept hanging out with Mirren and Agustine, he kept Arien company and still talked with Silas once in a while, but he didn't say much to them and merely smiled whenever they said anything.

It honestly made them confused. They thought they did something wrong or unintentionally made him angry. Niven would notice and reassured them they haven't done anything wrong, but it got the Wolves thinking a little too much, especially Arien.

Arien had already admitted his feelings and was serious in trying to court Niven, but it was hard to see the blond since he kept everyone at arm's length.

He also understood why Alessio and Roselia acted the way they did. Since the siblings were so adamant on knowing if they liked Niven, they tried pushing the Wolves around and messed with their feelings, saying they never really cared about the male at all to spite them.

Arien had to admit that was clever of the siblings. And while everyone had been pissed off as hell, he was actually grateful it happened since he came to terms with his feelings. Now, Arien would try to court the male properly.

But Niven was a timid person and he often gets flustered a lot so Arien didn't want to overwhelm the boy and thought to hold back for a while.

The Wolves never really got another opportunity to spend time with Niven since Vasili excitedly ushered the group back into his classroom for another special lesson.

The man hummed loudly, bouncing around the place as he held up several vials. He greeted the students cheerfully, "Welcome back, children! Did you miss me-"

"Screw this class," Mirren bluntly stated.

Vasili's smile froze on his face. "Ah... I see how it is."

Niven glanced at the brunet beside him. Mirren perked up a little, thinking the boy would talk to him but felt depressed at the sight of Niven only smiling like usual before turning his head away.

Mirren didn't have a chance to speak to him as Vasili slammed several more potions down on the male's desk, making the jaguar jolt a little.

"For this week's lesson, we will be going back to the basics to create potions! Isn't that fun?"

Agustine took one look at the vials in silence. He didn't have to speak to show his disinterest and Silas only rolled his eyes.

"Why are we doing this exactly?" The angel asked. "We already learned all of this during our first few years in the academy. It's boring."