SIXTY-SIX

Simeon was stupefied as he watched his older brother walk around with a baby with Niven by his side.

Silas also stood to the side, carefully watching Levi continue to play with his child even though they all knew it wasn't real.

Levi was surprised at first when he learned about Niven being partnered up with Silas to take care of a baby. Simeon sulked about it and didn't like how those two joked about being parents with Silas being the father, but Levi didn't take it too heart and was mostly focused on watching the child.

"Why does he look so happy?" Silas asked the brooding male.

Simeon snorted, "Levi always liked children. It's just that kids don't like him back since they think he's scary so I guess he's happy to have some form of a human baby to play with."

"Levi is scary though."

"Watch it. We have the same face."

"I know, that's why I said it."

Niven and Levi stopped playing around with the baby once they heard Simeon and Silas start to argue. The boy carefully grabbed Luciano back into his arms and started rocking him gently, worried the baby might start crying after being awkwardly held by Levi.

His eldest brother watched him keenly, a strange flare in his violet eyes. "You're keeping him... for a week?"

"I am. He's a bit hard to work with, but there hasn't been any issues with Silas and I so far."

Levi gave him a rare smile. "You remind me of the grand duchess."

Niven stared back at him, bemused with his statement.

Levi didn't mean to be so blunt, but the boy radiated a lot like his mother. Holding Luciano so carefully made Levi think that Niven took after the grand duchess a lot.

He vaguely remembered being taken care of by grand duchess when he and Simeon were little and were new to the main household. Uriel Kingston hardly paid attention to them and only focused on his actual son despite the fact he officially adopted them.

Grand Duchess Adrienne was unsure how to interact with the twins at first, but she was happy they were there to keep Niven and her company. She spoiled them several times and would've liked to have them with her all the time, though Levi was not used to having someone be so kind to them and Simeon disliked the way she tried to touch them. They hardly ever wanted to be with the woman and stood by Niven instead since they were only used to him.

The woman wasn't offended and expected that from the twins. She was patient with them and acted as their real mother since their parents passed away due to an unfortunate accident within the ruins of the Lanphere household.

Once, there was a time when both of them received a harsh punishment. Simeon was still slow to learn swordsmanship back then and Levi failed to meet Uriel Kingston's expectations within the first three months. After being heavily disciplined by the head maid, the two of them were escorted back to their rooms until they bumped into Niven and his mother.

The boy was shocked from the bruises on their faces and instantly wanted to bring them over to their personal doctor when the grand duchess took care of the matters herself.

She led the twins into her room after sending a reluctant Niven to bed. As weak as the woman was, she gently took care of Levi and Simeon, using her own ability to numb their hurt and make their bruises vanish. The twins still weren't so used to being treated like this and found themselves in an awkward situation. They still thanked the grand duchess afterward, but they didn't know how else to repay her.