THIRTY-ONE

It was over for him. Niven got caught. He should've known it'd happen sooner or later with Levi and Simeon.

After his brothers found out about Niven being in the academy, they quickly left the cafeteria and dragged the blond over to their dorm room. Since they were Kingstons, their quarters were larger and took up at least three dorm rooms combined. And now the two of them sat in front of Niven, waiting for the male's explanation.

One of his brothers gave him a smile, trying to ease the tension in the room. "We didn't know Lord Uriel sent you here. It's rare seeing you agree to his request to finally come to the academy. You usually like to stay in the castle, what made you want to come?"

"I was kidnapped," Niven blurted out.

They sighed in reply. Of course he did.

"I'm guessing the lord was finally tired of you rejecting his offer to stay at the academy," his brother continued. "Well, it's not like we didn't expect it to happen, it's in your blood to come to this place. I'm also going to take another guess and say he wanted you to check up on us to see whether or not we were dead or not, yes?"

Niven furrowed his brows, a little upset. "Simeon, you know Father cares."

His sibling merely shrugged and gave off a brittle laugh. "I know that he only cares if we disappoint the family name, or when he thinks we're bothering you."

"That's not true," Niven snapped.

Simeon scoffed, but he still had that smile up whereas Levi simply kept quiet, merely listening to his brothers conversing as he sent a piercing look to Niven.

Niven didn't say anything else, knowing he'd rile Simeon up even further. Still, he sighed and looked back at the brothers, thinking to himself just wondering how long ago it was when he last seen them.

Niven leaned back, deciding to change the topic. "Are you angry I came?"

"Of course... but we're mostly surprised you're still at such a dangerous place," Simeon responded. "You never texted us anything about coming to the academy. What if someone decided to challenge you? Or have you already been in a fight?"

"Brother, we both know I'd come out perfectly fine," Niven deadpanned. "Even without trying, I'd be okay."

Simeon looked at him, contemplating for a second before he glanced at his twin. Levi looked back at him, simply nodding. Simeon sighed, "Well, I suppose so. But that isn't the point. My dearest brother, why on Earth are you wearing that godforsaken uniform?"

The blond pointed at his clothes. "You mean our academy's uniform which is mandatory for all students to wear? I wouldn't know."

"As much as I missed your sarcasm and jokes, I'm being serious. Why the hell are you wearing that? You aren't a councilman, you don't belong to the Wolves."

"I was enrolled as a Cantillon by our uncle," Niven explained. "Mr. Westworth decided to place me in the Wolves afterwards. Who am I to object?"

"You're a Kingston," Simeon emphasized with bitterness. "A true blooded Royal. Take that uniform off and I'll get someone to bring over a new set for you."

"I'm sorry, brother. I'm already invested with the councilmen," Niven quietly refused.

Simeon's smile turned stiff. Levi rose a brow, but he still didn't say anything. "You mean you like those mutts? Their alpha?" Simeon asked, a little confused. "I simply can't find a good reason as to how they're better than being with us, little brother."

"I'm not saying they're better. I've already spent the past few months with the Wolves and got acquainted with them. Silas d'Imperio has been helping me for several weeks for the Ludos battle."